Contacts list on Cell Phone

More
9 years 3 months ago #34805 by Doug
I have a Samsung Galaxy Android Smart Phone model GT-s5660, 2.3.6. When I select the Contacts List by clicking the orange square icon second from left on the display (has a head and shoulder blank in it), all of my contacts are listed just fine; no duplications. When I wish to send a text message, I select the icon next to the above one (it is a white envelope with an orange coloured paper sticking out of it), then select NEW MESSAGE, then CONTACTS, I get two or three copies of each contact. I just want to delete the excess copies but have no idea how to. There appears to be no option to delete these, just an ADD option which adds that number for the message which I wish to eventually send.
Any assistance would be much appreciated but in very simple terms please.:(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #457888 by Aquila
Replied by Aquila on topic Contacts list on Cell Phone
Hard press, which is more like click and hold on the name, and a menu should pop up with more options

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

• Akzle
9 years 3 months ago #457889 by Akzle
Replied by Akzle on topic Contacts list on Cell Phone
sounds like it's opening sim contacts and phone contacts.

haha. you bought a shiney phone.

More
9 years 3 months ago #457893 by Doug
Replied by Doug on topic Contacts list on Cell Phone
Thanks Aquila. Did as you suggested but nothing changed; no menue or other options popped up. Still retained the wee tick in the ADD section. I even clicked on the normal menu button at the base of the actual phone but again, nothing happened.

Akzle, I think that you are probably correct in that it is showing both contacts from the phone and card simultaneously. Any idea how I can fix that without stuffing too much up please. It is just strange that this does not happen on the actual CONTACTS tab as in the first part of my thread.

Time to create page: 0.224 seconds