Census Forms

More
9 years 5 months ago #454757 by Ronney
Replied by Ronney on topic Census Forms
What a hue and cry about nothing:rolleyes: This afternoon while having my pre-milking coffee, I filled in the census. There was nothing in it that I would have considered "private" and I agree, most of the information could have been obtained from other sources but not all of it.

So let's see how private the information they ask for really is. I'll take Ruth as an example in so far that I've known her for at least 10 years.

She knows my given name and legal surname.
She knows where I live, also my phone number.
She knows my gender.
She knows my birth date - and acknowledges it :)
She knowsI was born here and am of European descent.
I suspect that through conversation she knows English is the only language I speak and that by up-bringing, I am a Catholic.
She, and everybody who knows me, knows that I smoke.
She, and everybody who knows me, knows that I/we own our own home.
She knows that I have health problems that restrict walking, bending and lifting.
She knows what we do for a living. She won't know our income, not because it's a secret but because it has never come up in conversation.

Ruth is only one of many people, including family, I know who know all of those things because none of it is a "secret".

Didi, why would you want to be evasive? As Hawkspur mentioned way back at the beginning of this ridiculous thread, because people in the Far North didn't fill in the census forms, we were horribly under-funded in the health sectre. Given that we have a huge proportion of glue ear, rheumatic fever etc per captita this is unforgiveable. Selfishly it now also concerns me as without the monetary imput to the Far North, I face not able to walk up the drive let alone milk a cow.

You can't have your cake and bloody well eat it too.[}:)]

Cheers,
Ronnie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #454758 by Aquila
Replied by Aquila on topic Census Forms

Juzzy;455706 wrote: It is very very difficult to prosecute someone who remains resolutely silent, which brings me to another point: You have the right to remain silent. How can you be prosecuted if you have the right to remain silent?

Its very easy to prosecute someone who offers no defense too

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

More
9 years 5 months ago #454761 by morioka
Replied by morioka on topic Census Forms

Juzzy;455720 wrote:
Also it is very important to understand how our Government is controlled at the international level by private bodies.

Oh no, It's a CONSPIRACY[:0] :eek:

More
9 years 5 months ago #454762 by morioka
Replied by morioka on topic Census Forms

Juzzy;455720 wrote:

Also it is very important to understand how our Government is controlled at the international level by private bodies. In my many years of studying these kinds of subjects, i am utterly convinced of a few key things. 1. That our macro system at the global level is an Oligarchy. 2. That New Zealand is operating as a Commercial entity in global system of Commerce owned and controlled by private finance. 3. That Democracy is not only an illusion but also inherently wrong as a system even if it was not an illusion.

Doh, I see it now, (smacking hand against forehead), we are just all just players in the great global financial CONSPIRACY, with the ultimate goal of world domination. [:0]:eek::rolleyes: Best go and find my tinfoil hat, quick smart[;)]

More
9 years 5 months ago #454779 by Aria
Replied by Aria on topic Census Forms
There was an article in the Manawatu Standard the other day which said the census people had handed out 2% more census forms than had been projected for our population growth - pointing out the under funding issue should that be the case.

More
9 years 5 months ago #454780 by arnie.m
Replied by arnie.m on topic Census Forms
I trust those of you who are not going to fill out the census forms today, and when the time come for you to have to go to Hospital, you will take a cheque to your local DHB for $3000-00 to cover the $3000-00 they missed out on by you not filling out your forms. Not to mention more delay from police etc because there is more poluation in the area than was allowered for.:eek::eek:

arnie
88 Valley
Nelson

More
9 years 5 months ago #454793 by Juzzy
Replied by Juzzy on topic Census Forms
I find peoples general ignorance rather astounding and yet perhaps i should not be so surprised? My advice to people is to be informed and to consider a reply before sending one. That way, i can read something other than a reactionary response.
Firstly the right to remain silent and the connection to someone being proven a murderer by a jury is extremely vague.
What i mean is the right to remain silent in the absence of a crime. It is not a crime to simply decide not to fill in a form. It is a crime to murder someone. I think any very basic student of the law will understand the differences between Commercial law and Common Law. Or for that matter Equity Law, which is natural law.
Filling in forms using a legal title is contract law, therefore not filling in a form is simply not completing a contract. Is anyone here trying to compare that to murder? It would be incredibly strange to make that comparison.
Also i see someone making a connection to going to hospital as if that has anything to do with it at all. If i pay my ACC then i should be able to enjoy hospital treatment. Are you saying that if i do not fill in a Census form that i should be denied hospital treatment? Again if so, then this is a very odd stance to take. I see also that someone pulls the tin foil hat comment. Well all i can say is that those who do resort to that low intelligence method, are always the ones who have never studied the situation. If our system was an Onion, you would not have even peeled the first layer off. I guess ignorance is bliss for you. Good luck with that one. It is very easy to throw little statements like that and yet much more difficult to squarely debate someone in a rational and educated way.

More
9 years 5 months ago #454794 by Juzzy
I also find it bizarre how people are focused on funding issues when the Census has cost the taxpayers $72 Million. Hows that for your funding?

More
9 years 5 months ago #454795 by arnie.m
Replied by arnie.m on topic Census Forms
Juzzy I mentioned nothing about ACC. Acc only fund accidents not Illness.

It is a well known fact that base funding for DHB's is based on Population, the census is one of the methods used for these figures. I was pointing out the more accurate the figures will mean more accurate funding. The census is costing around $16 per head of population, not bad for every 5 years.

arnie
88 Valley
Nelson

More
9 years 5 months ago #454804 by Juzzy
Ok fair enough Arnie. I did not think the Census was the sole source of population statistics? There are many sources surely. Actually i would not mind a form with basic demographics. I just don't like being asked about financial information, whether i smoke or a few other things. I would fill in the forms if i was anonymous and i would fill them in if they were shorter and less intrusive. I'm really not alone here either. At our local farmers market i talked to a fair number of people who are not filling in their forms for one reason or another. Also in other forums I'm finding a lot of people who at the very least, ideologically oppose being forced to fill in forms. I think it is the compulsory part that people take issue with, myself included.

More
9 years 5 months ago #454807 by Aquila
Replied by Aquila on topic Census Forms
Census isn't the only way too get statistics but it is the most accurate. Other ways include taking a sample say 1000 people and extrapolate it out too the entire population, not accurate but it works. Center your sample in an area that suits the result you want and you can influence your results to your advantage

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

More
9 years 5 months ago #454810 by Juzzy
There are a whole raft of things i can agree with about the usefulness of the information. I just think it unlawful to make it compulsory. As i said earlier the U.S Constitution states only the number of occupants are required. Why all the other stuff like whether i have a mortgage or not? I can also see that people searching for genealogical information would find the Census very valuable. Actually I'd say that the nature of the questioning is putting people off filling in their forms and thus causing a problem for those who want to do a genealogy search. It's the trend i don't like and now we are seeing a push for a National Student ID. What next, a National ID for everyone and next it may be illegal not to carry ID. Then you are pretty much in a "show us you papers" situation like the GDR (German Democratic Republic) and the Stasi.
I know how people consider me conspiratorial but history teaches us that when we do not question these things, we invite tyranny. Anyone who really studies these subject with an open mind, should be able to draw similar conclusions. Government is force and not moral force either. We need to protect what freedoms we have. At least tomorrow i will end this topic and you can judge for yourselves whether i was right or wrong to be suspicious as time passes. I'd rather be wary than unwary.

More
9 years 5 months ago #454821 by oskatd
Replied by oskatd on topic Census Forms
Doesn't the US constitution say that all residents have the right to own guns too? That works well.....

I find this whole thread very entertaining, and eye opening, I had no idea there was such paranoia out there. Now I know...

More
9 years 5 months ago #454827 by kindajojo
Replied by kindajojo on topic Census Forms
Its not paranoia if they really are after you??????

Actually oskadt I find the level of intrenched distrust of anything official amusing particularly given many members of this site are probably those who are the mistrusted...I bet there are a couple of civil servants on this site, a few of health professionals/vets who are just puppets of the multi-national drug conglomerates hellbent on peddling their potions to the masses to support a capitalistic society. A few probably work for DOC or other misguided government departments who are constantly berated for their conservation work, there may be even a few immigrants.....cant trust them can we.....
Hopefully no politicians but cant discount it.
In fact the whole site is a festering mass of personalities, teetering on the verge of social decay.........Makes me so proud to live in a country where we can all live together and not fear speaking out....except those who want to remain silent

More
9 years 5 months ago #454828 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic Census Forms
Just did ours, I cannot believe the fuss on this thread. Apart from our income and exact address there is nothing in there that I haven't disclosed on this forum over the years or what our friends/work colleagues already know about us.

Oh well, at least NZ stats now know that there are 3 extras in the country since last census even if one of them started life here.

Time to create page: 0.271 seconds