Census Forms

  • Akzle
  • Akzle's Avatar
9 years 5 months ago #454452 by Akzle
Replied by Akzle on topic Census Forms

Seaside;455440 wrote:
I thought you might like Hot Fuzz because it's about white, middle class people from a small English village who murder anyone who get in the way of them winning the Best Kept Village award. The term 'all for the greater good' is a quote from that movie.

Killing kids and filling in a Census form are a bit different.

Perfection is impossible because *your* idea and *my* idea of perfection are different.

We have to have some form of democracy because it is preferable to a dictatorship or anarchy. I take it anarchy is your preferred option? I suggest you read George Orwell's Lord of the Flies if you haven't already.

i do remember it now (hot fuzz). quite funny. i want a sea moine.

it is, but what's your number, how many people would you kill, or allow to be killed, to rid the remainder of cancer? everyone is avoiding this question...

i think we could certainly agree on a few things. literally 3: do no harm to any person, do no harm to any property, and honour your contracts.
i sumarise that to the aforesaid two.

it depends on your definition of anarchy. certainly, i do not agree with central governance. i do not agree with mob rule (democracy is mob rule - 51% can rule the other 49) just beacuse we no longer do it with pitchforks and burning faggots, doesn't mean the idea has actually evolved at all.

i've read most of orwell's stuff. hardly amazing that observations in 1984 stand to day, there's another book, published about 1912 titled "what's wrong with the world", and much of that still stands. so what's really changed??
(except women ended up with the vote -drat!)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Akzle
  • Akzle's Avatar
9 years 5 months ago #454454 by Akzle
Replied by Akzle on topic Census Forms

wandering free;455450 wrote: I have to agree, how often do we have the tail waging the dog in our Parliament and the appeasement of a minor party. I was reading how Hitler came to power and it only happened because the other parties could not co-operate, they could easily have out voted the Nazis party.

just a fun fact for anyone following this far:

adolf hitler was a democratically elected socialist leader.

soo.... what great system are we enjoying in little ole nuu zullund?
and what's so f*ing great about it

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #454457 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic Census Forms
There is no need to attack Akzle despite my not agreeing with everything said. The reality is that we are all being indoctrinated in NZ and it worries the hell out of me how many of you are not recognizing the shutting down of true Democracy.

Our News comes from Australia for goodness sake! For anyone older than five minutes who has travelled the world, you would know that NZ does not even feature on Australian News so work it our guys!

I would invite all of you to look at the New Zealand Centre for Political Reseach and really read what is being said.

How many of you know there has been a Board set up to look at our Constitution? Get back to me and tell me you agree with the loading.

Go on this site and look at what is being said by Dr Elizabeth Rata and before you diss that, look at her qualifications.

Please indoctrinated younger people = look at what is happening. Read the article about the Census and work out how we end up with so many Maori in NZ - get it!

I don't see this site NZCPR as a Red Neck or anti - it is just a fight for the truth to be recognised and the desire for One NZ for all. How can anyone argue with that?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #454460 by Seaside
Replied by Seaside on topic Census Forms

Akzle;455457 wrote: i do remember it now (hot fuzz). quite funny. i want a sea moine.

it is, but what's your number, how many people would you kill, or allow to be killed, to rid the remainder of cancer? everyone is avoiding this question!)

Firstly, thank you for not lambasting my literary gaff. A moment of uncertainty and a quick search reminded my Lord of the Flies was Goulding not Orwell. Did them both in 1984 for English literature so they have become intertwined in my memory.

Secondly I will answer the question. I would not take one life to get you to reveal a cure for cancer. I lost my mother a few months ago to the disease so I would like a cure as much as the next person. But how could any cause ever justify deliberate killing of another person? Maybe your question has gone unanswered because it goes without saying in a civilised society. Or maybe everyone is busy filling in the census forms!

Kids, beasts, and chillies in Swannanoa South.
www.farmaway.co.nz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #454480 by morioka
Replied by morioka on topic Census Forms

Akzle;455429 wrote: politicians? burn them. burn them with fire...

i'm not quite sure if you've realised, but lots and lots of people die in the name of white democratic governance.

lots of people die in other forms of government too!

but has it?! how is your idea of indian (the american variety, before america was america) government, maori government, abo government?

order - no
morality - yes
co-operation - yes.

It comes downt to how you want to define government - Tribalism is also a form of government
www.thefreedictionary.com/government

so how does the current system, which encourages greed, consumerism and private profit, accommodate cooperation? every man is out for himself, and to one-up his neighbour by the size of his SUV, TV or wife's tits.
people are employed to work for someone (a corporate fiction, whose objective is private profit) not with everyone.
capitalist theory requires profit, profit requires growth , growth requires consumption. where does that end?!

It's interesting how two people can have such a different view of the same thing, and please don't tell me it's because I've been indoctrinated into the system, sometimes its easier to change things from the inside than constantly bang on the doors.

i would submit that subsistence tribal living was not "governed". yes there were rules, and you were liable to be left fending for yourself if you broke them, but the individual was working for everyone in the tribe. i would submit there was more social harmony and less wanton waste.

Really, go live here then, www.southsudannewsagency.com/opinion/art...curse-of-south-sudan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #454487 by Scuba_Steve
Replied by Scuba_Steve on topic Census Forms

DiDi;455463 wrote: There is no need to attack Akzle despite my not agreeing with everything said. The reality is that we are all being indoctrinated in NZ and it worries the hell out of me how many of you are not recognizing the shutting down of true Democracy.

Our News comes from Australia for goodness sake! For anyone older than five minutes who has travelled the world, you would know that NZ does not even feature on Australian News so work it our guys!

I would invite all of you to look at the New Zealand Centre for Political Reseach and really read what is being said.

How many of you know there has been a Board set up to look at our Constitution? Get back to me and tell me you agree with the loading.

Go on this site and look at what is being said by Dr Elizabeth Rata and before you diss that, look at her qualifications.

Please indoctrinated younger people = look at what is happening. Read the article about the Census and work out how we end up with so many Maori in NZ - get it!

I don't see this site NZCPR as a Red Neck or anti - it is just a fight for the truth to be recognised and the desire for One NZ for all. How can anyone argue with that?

Yea this ^ pretty much, Akzle might sometimes be a little extreme or overboard in delivery but for the most part he's right.
The Govt does not work for you [NZ], in-fact they're actively working against you.
People need to wake up & realise all these things that "we have better than another country" are being taken away 1 by 1. Just cause we have it better than some other country doesn't excuse your dismissal of the rights & privileges being taken away, yes it could always be worse by why even let it head that way?
Are you going to be happy when your grandkids have to work 2 jobs, 14hrs a day just to be able to live in a crappy run down apartment in a bad neighbourhood? Are you going to be happy when your grandkids are jailed for speaking out against our dictators & even censored from doing so? Are you going to be happy when your grandkids are beaten for protesting against injustices or another Novapay?
This is where we're heading people WAKE UP!!!


Science is but an organized system of ignorance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #454490 by Aria
Replied by Aria on topic Census Forms

Akzle;455457 wrote: i've read most of orwell's stuff. hardly amazing that observations in 1984 stand to day, there's another book, published about 1912 titled "what's wrong with the world", and much of that still stands. so what's really changed??
(except women ended up with the vote -drat!)


Orwell's 1984 was published in 1949 - he wasn't making observations, it was a fiction regards the future.

I've got no problem with the discussion but I think it's important that people do not present themselves as "know-it-alls" - I'm right, you're wrong, eat that types.

And the analogy to paying for a cancer cure (paying for lives through deaths) defeats the other point made by Akzle - that being that cooperation (not coercion) is his/her modus operandi. If Akzle followed his/her own philosophy then the question would never have been posed in the first place.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #454491 by Gracelands
Replied by Gracelands on topic Census Forms
Not that this little philosophical discussion isn't entertaining, but to get back to the original topic of the census - I still haven't got my forms, and the 5th isn't very far away. Anybody else in that boat?

I'm away from home all day, but home most evenings and weekends. I wouldn't have thought it was that hard to catch up with me. I'm dying to see the form, and judge for myself how inappropriate and personal these questions are that people are so upset about.

And I will be filling out my census, because like Sue, I have recently been bitten by the genealogy bug, and the censuses from the 1800s have been absolutely wonderful in getting to know my great-grandparents.

I'm not afraid of the government, but maybe that's because I have nothing to hide.

"Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom and a little flower."
Hans Christian Anderson

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #454493 by Sue
Replied by Sue on topic Census Forms
Yes, to get back to the census, and in particular Gracelands comments about being bitten by the genealogy bug, I just thought I would share something!

This week I have made contact with a relative I didn't know I had, my 2nd cousin once removed! We have spoken on the phone and emailed daily. We were both born in Leeds and have both been tracking our forebears, (the Smith family!)mainly using the census information and the register of births deaths and marriages in UK.

Through a strange turn of events, and me being contacted by a person in Canada last year, who thought she and I shared the same great, great grandparents, Abraham Smith, we have been able to piece together the past, full of births, bigamy and intrigue! Turns out my 2nd cousin, now living in Rotorua and who emigrated to NZ in 1950, and me to Levin in 1968- have so much in common and knew some of the same people-although he is 20 years older than me.

It gives one a real sort of buzz, like a revelation at the end of a detective investigation when you solve a case, or finish a crossword, or sort out a problem with someones livestock! I am thoroughly enjoying the genealogy research, aided by the census system, even if it will be 100 years before anyone can see what we write on March 5th next week!

Sue
Labrador lover for yonks, breeder of pedigree Murray Grey cattle for almost as long, and passionate poultry person for more years than I care to count.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #454498 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic Census Forms
Prior to leaving the Country that does mention and does (or at least did) broadcast New Zealand news when i lived there, I too was a big family tree researcher and also enjoyed the hunt for missing family.

So far my 86 yo Dad has been able meet his cousin's daughter, I have met cousins and 2nd cousins I never knew existed, my husband has been united with some of his biological side which has given our daughter a larger, loving and extended family, and I have been inspired to learn more about the country where I was born than I would have had I not traced family residences from years gone.

I see no reason to falsify census information.

Whilst I don't like the governments of the day (and they are all the same regardless of political stance) I can see no other alternatives being presented to Jo/anne Public by those who tell us to wake up. :rolleyes:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Akzle
  • Akzle's Avatar
9 years 5 months ago #454520 by Akzle
Replied by Akzle on topic Census Forms

DiDi;455463 wrote:
How many of you know there has been a Board set up to look at our Constitution? Get back to me and tell me you agree with the loading.

another fun fact? - the NZ "government" was not formed constitutionally.

what exists is the "constitution act" which is an act of parliament. i have a sneaky suspicion it's "in force" via the imperial laws application act, having received royal assent some time ago. could be wrong, dont care. the government is an unlawful defacto institution. and that's fact.

Aria;455501 wrote: Orwell's 1984 was published in 1949 - he wasn't making observations, it was a fiction regards the future.

I've got no problem with the discussion but I think it's important that people do not present themselves as "know-it-alls" - I'm right, you're wrong, eat that types.

And the analogy to paying for a cancer cure (paying for lives through deaths) defeats the other point made by Akzle - that being that cooperation (not coercion) is his/her modus operandi. If Akzle followed his/her own philosophy then the question would never have been posed in the first place.

i present my truth as i know it. certain things are fact, and thus beyond anyone's own truth.

i did not know that 84 was published in 49. thanks for enlightening me.
but it was very astute none the less, down on the farm, was the other one. "all animals are equal, but some are more equal than others"

and truth be told, i've only seen the lord of the flies movie. i've got a lot of books to read before i die.

akzle is a he. and i don't actually have the cure for cancer (i've got a fairly good idea about it though) so the whole thing is... how shall we say, speculative.
if i DID have the cure for cancer, i'd get rid of it, because i don't think the white race deserves it. (and believe me, it's the white lifestyle that does it)
if a higher power deemed it right that the public at large should have it, then that's how it would play out.

the question is posed to get you people to actually think about what democracy is, as said, surely killing 49% of people to save the other 51 is a good democratic decision... "for the greater good"

i'm not going around forcing people to join my lifestyle, i'm not coercing anyone into anything, i'm not looking for consent or subjugation to my beliefs.
i AM putting them out there for you to think about.

swaggie;455510 wrote:
Whilst I don't like the governments of the day (and they are all the same regardless of political stance) I can see no other alternatives being presented to Jo/anne Public by those who tell us to wake up. :rolleyes:

srsly. vote me. find out.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #454540 by wandering free
Replied by wandering free on topic Census Forms

Akzle;455535 wrote: because i don't think the white race deserves it. (and believe me, it's the white lifestyle that does it)

I thought color of skin was more a matter of evolution to cope with climatic conditions, maybe living through the ice ages gave white people a protection from predators, just a thought. :)

As a member of the white race I think we have done an appalling job and have nothing but contempt for the politics that promote growth in a finite world, and they are still building roads instead of an electrified rail system which would cut carbon emissions and our need for fossil fuels, but what can you expect from a financial wiz kid.

Have you ever read The Rise and Fall of the Third Chimpanzee by Jared Diamond it's an interesting read.

Just me and the cat now, on 2 acres of fruit and veg + hazel nuts, macadamia, chestnuts and walnuts,
www.youtube.com/user/bandjsellars?feature=mhee

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #454548 by morioka
Replied by morioka on topic Census Forms
srsly. vote me. find out

vote me for PM and find out!

so next elections, just cross out everyone elses name (initial the changes to make it legal) and write "akzle" at the bottom of your forms.


So, if you really want to have a say, set up your own party and get yourself on the voting form, that's you're right and all power to you.

The only problem I can see for you is that nobody will vote for you, not because they don't like your policies, but because one of you're policies is not to vote. You wont vote but expect every else to :confused:.

You wont consent to anything you haven't signed up to but expect us to

Bit of a conundrum

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Akzle
  • Akzle's Avatar
9 years 5 months ago #454549 by Akzle
Replied by Akzle on topic Census Forms

wandering free;455556 wrote: I thought color of skin was more a matter of evolution to cope with climatic conditions, maybe living through the ice ages gave white people a protection from predators, just a thought. :)

As a member of the white race I think we have done an appalling job and have nothing but contempt for the politics that promote growth in a finite world, and they are still building roads instead of an electrified rail system which would cut carbon emissions and our need for fossil fuels, but what can you expect from a financial wiz kid.

Have you ever read The Rise and Fall of the Third Chimpanzee by Jared Diamond it's an interesting read.

i haven't. it's now on the list.

i said the white lifestyle. over processed foods, suplhites and preservatives, refined sugars, carcinogenic transport, heavily radio-magnetic communications etc etc etc

i judge a man by the quality of his character, not the color of his skin...

one of the (many) problems with shon-key is that he's market driven, he's playing NZ as though it's stock, and while the majority act like stock, i disagree with it. techniclly speaking politics is for the betterment of the population, technically a politicians role extends only to making the will of the people law. given how many times the will of the people has been completely ignored for the benefit of the higher-ups, it's hard to have any kind of faith in the system.

morioka;455566 wrote: srsly. vote me. find out

vote me for PM and find out!

so next elections, just cross out everyone elses name (initial the changes to make it legal) and write "akzle" at the bottom of your forms.


So, if you really want to have a say, set up your own party and get yourself on the voting form, that's you're right and all power to you.

The only problem I can see for you is that nobody will vote for you, not because they don't like your policies, but because one of you're policies is not to vote. You wont vote but expect every else to :confused:.

You wont consent to anything you haven't signed up to but expect us to

Bit of a conundrum

far too much effort. i tell you, you tell your mates. if you want to see change, add it to the voting forms.

my policy is not to vote, because i don't agree with any of the people i have a choice to vote for, secondly that it implies i want someone else to make decisions for me, thirdly that it implies i accept the system as a whole and believe it to be right or fair.
i don't expect anyone else to vote. i'm waiting the day when less than 5% turn out to vote. or when everyone who does vote, votes "no confidence"

i also do not expect anyone to consent to the system, i heartily encourage everyone not to, and to make a point of it.

my expectations of you are low. and you're not doing much to bring them up...:(
thinking hat man, thinking hat.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #454555 by morioka
Replied by morioka on topic Census Forms

Akzle;455567 wrote:
my expectations of you are low. and you're not doing much to bring them up...:(
thinking hat man, thinking hat.

I suspect yur expectations of most people are low, so I wont take it personally[B)]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.239 seconds