Census Forms

More
9 years 5 months ago #454830 by Juzzy
Replied by Juzzy on topic Census Forms
I know this is a bit off topic but it has been mentioned. Regarding the 2nd Amendment and the Right to Bear Arms. This is another example of a lack of understanding on a subject mentioned. I have actually read the U.S Constitution. A lot of people might find it very interesting that in most States, when Gun control is imposed, the crime rate goes up and in the States with the highest gun ownership the crime rates are the lowest. Why is that?
Same in the UK when gun controls were brought in during the 90's the crime rose sharply.
It is because criminals never take any notice of the laws and when the law abiding gun owners have to hand in their guns, the criminally inclined are emboldened. It even states in the Constitution about the need to safeguard against oppressive Government. Did they know something we don't or were the founding fathers a bunch of conspiracy theorists?
Further to that, if you really want to dig deep, the U.S Constitution is a corporate charter but i'm not going down that path here. It's a big discussion for somewhere else. All i guess i am trying to do here is get others to consider a different view.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #454835 by oskatd
Replied by oskatd on topic Census Forms

kindajojo;455882 wrote: Its not paranoia if they really are after you??????

I know! That is what the voices in my head keep telling me anyhoo [:0]:eek:[:I]

• Akzle
9 years 5 months ago #454837 by Akzle
Replied by Akzle on topic Census Forms

kindajojo;455790 wrote: Lets see, you murder Akxle in full sight of 47 witness's, video evidence and have previously expressed your intention to commit the crime in both writing and as a sworn statement?

You chose, is as your right, to remain silent.

Cant see a problem with convincing 12 members of the jury of your guilt, beyond reasonable doubt, in this social setup

However in Akxle's world you would be ok as it has already removed most to the laws, and the police force and all supporting infrastructure.

you're not even trying are you?
remember my two laws? i'll put them in bold this time:
1) do no harm
2) tell the truth

so, how, exactly would you go about murdering and then deceiving an open court?

i believe the point being made was that you have the right to refrain from making a statement, which parallels the right against self incrimination.

this legal right does not give you the right to murder people. really. how your mind works is a wonder.

as previously said, you DO have the right to remain silent, but in NZ silence is consent. so the only things you should say, when you feel the need to exercise this right are: "i do not consent" and; "with protest and under duress"

Ronney;455802 wrote: ...I'll take Ruth as an example in so far that I've known her for at least 10 years.

You can't have your cake and bloody well eat it too.[}:)]

Cheers,
Ronnie

so, ruth's filling out your census form eh?

if all the information is already with the govt (and it is), why the need for the form??

the actual quote (which makes english sense) is "you can't eat your cake and have it too"

morioka;455807 wrote: Doh, I see it now, (smacking hand against forehead), we are just all just players in the great global financial CONSPIRACY, with the ultimate goal of world domination. [:0]:eek::rolleyes: Best go and find my tinfoil hat, quick smart[;)]

easy way to dismiss it, huh?
so, tell me what i've said that is factually wrong?

arnie.m;455826 wrote: Not to mention more delay from police etc because there is more poluation in the area than was allowered for.:eek::eek:

you imply that the police provide adequate "service" now...
i find that not to be the case.

Juzzy;455843 wrote: I think any very basic student of the law will understand the differences between Commercial law and Common Law. Or for that matter Equity Law, which is natural law.

...It is very easy to throw little statements like that and yet much more difficult to squarely debate someone in a rational and educated way.

i definitely appreciate your position, but believe you've got your laws a bit muxed up.
equity is not natural law. common law isn't. (check out your black's for the definition of "common")

arnie.m;455845 wrote: I was pointing out the more accurate the figures will mean more accurate funding.

you mean funding cuts, right?

Juzzy;455864 wrote: What next, a National ID for everyone and next it may be illegal not to carry ID. Then you are pretty much in a "show us you papers" situation like the GDR (German Democratic Republic) and the Stasi.

Government is force and not moral force either. We need to protect what freedoms we have.

microchipping, mann... at birth. linked to your tax/SSN account, bank account, driving license account...

More
9 years 5 months ago #454907 by igor
Replied by igor on topic Census Forms
I feel virtuous today. I resisted the temptation to fill in the two extra forms I was given with totally fictitious details for non-existent people. Teenage step-son thought it would be a bit of a laugh too but after a bit more thought we decided against it.

More
9 years 5 months ago #454909 by belinda_h
Replied by belinda_h on topic Census Forms
General consensus around the office this morning was 'boring'. What happened to the good old days when you got asked really interesting questions, like "How many potatoes did you grow this year?" That one was fun for the local potato farmers!!

More
9 years 5 months ago #454920 by GloPony
Replied by GloPony on topic Census Forms
Well we didn't even have census forms delivered so I had to go out of my way to ring them & get the codes so I could fill them out.

I'm actually surprised they didn't ask more pertinent questions. How does how many rooms you have in your house have any relevance? If they need to know property size, why not just ask?
As for smoking, why make the distinction between cigraette tobacco & any other forms of tobacco? They've also just discounted the HUGE percentage of Kiwi pot smokers! It's all still cancer causing!!

I have NO problem with those who want to opt out of society but you can't have it both ways! The fact you're using the internet means you ARE part of society, whether you like it, or not!

If you truly opt out of society, no one would know you even existed! You'd have absolutely NO impact on the outside world! Ideally, it's tempting but reality is, it's impossible! (in NZ anyway)

Highly entertaining thread nevertheless!

More
9 years 5 months ago #454922 by jeannielea
Replied by jeannielea on topic Census Forms
I too filled mine in and its now in an envelope to post. Why did I not do it online? Because I didn't think I could put in a submission relating to the decline in snail mail and then not use it. just think what a boost to the NZ post figures if they were all posted back!

More
9 years 5 months ago #454923 by GloPony
Replied by GloPony on topic Census Forms
Is it really so much of a boost? It's a one off event so is hardly an indicator of NZ Post usage.

More
9 years 5 months ago #454924 by blimeyvicki
Replied by blimeyvicki on topic Census Forms
Gosh - what an interesting thread. Made my lunchtime much more enjoyable, thanks all.......

More
9 years 5 months ago #454946 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic Census Forms

jeannielea;455986 wrote: I too filled mine in and its now in an envelope to post. Why did I not do it online? Because I didn't think I could put in a submission relating to the decline in snail mail and then not use it. just think what a boost to the NZ post figures if they were all posted back!

thats a very good point!

More
9 years 5 months ago #454952 by kindajojo
Replied by kindajojo on topic Census Forms
Going to post every second day wouldn't bother me ....
besides it takes over a week to get mail from P/Nth to Dunedin
If its urgent I expect it would be couriered
Mostly bills anyway and they can wait???
Miss the postie he's cute

More
9 years 5 months ago #455015 by SavvyPeasant
Replied by SavvyPeasant on topic Census Forms
I filled it in online, although I consider it a waste of time. The questions don't come from a base understanding that the system we are living in is unjust, corrupt and just plain wrong.

Time to create page: 0.199 seconds