Apple picking in Hawkes Bay....?

More
9 years 4 months ago #34409 by witheze
Have two Helpx guests who have work permits and want to do apple picking to make some money......do the orchards supply lodging? and do they pay in cash or do they need a bank account? Any comments appreciated...... :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #453736 by muletide
some orchards do provide accommodation, and no I do not think anyone pays in cash, so will need a bank account.
I work of a apple company, and we have lots of RSE's and some back packers.

With the company I work for Mr Apple, to get picking jobs you need to contact the orchards directly.

whitepages.co.nz/w/mr-apple-new-zealand/

This link lists the orchards round Hastings, there are more in Central HB as well, refer to link at bottom of this page.

Life is about the journey, not the destination

9 acres
6 ponies (Lucy, Amanda, Angel, Sophie, Kaimanawa Tika and Kaimanawa Te Ata)
4 donkeys (Eeyore Barti, Bonnie and Kenya)
2 mules (Zebidi and Las Vegas of Peach Hill)
1 cats (Mr Kincaide )
1 dog (Nina)
Ducks, (George, Kate and Emma)
and 2 quail...

More
9 years 4 months ago #453770 by Xartep
I have just had 2 helpxers staying who also want picking work and have gone to the Hawkes Bay as they found that trying to get the work from a distance was too hard.

I think they found somewhere that was going to charge them $30 per week to stay - they have a camperwagan to sleep in. Provide their own food, but communal facilities like kitchen and showers/toilets available. They were happy with this arrangement.

3 Cocker Spaniels, 1 Huntaway, 3 Cats, Goats, Sheep, Pigs, Cows, Ducks, Chickens, Bunnies - small petting zoo?:rolleyes::cool:

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds