hi kate been blocked!

More
9 years 4 months ago #34302 by mikethebike
hi kate i often surf the block when im at work, Shhh! im not supposed to,[;)] but at work this site has been blocked with a message that says this site has been blocked because of malware!
normally if they block a site its because of it being social media or trade me so its not blocked just because they dont want us to look at it, thought you better know, cheers mike.

Mike and Suzi living the lifestyle in sunny central hawkes bay, Still loads of animals oh and we still have our Zebra truck.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #452582 by kate
Replied by kate on topic hi kate been blocked!
Hi Mike

When did this happen? We were hacked last week but sorted it out pretty quickly....it shouldn't be a problem now.

Web Goddess

More
9 years 4 months ago #452583 by mikethebike
Replied by mikethebike on topic hi kate been blocked!
hi kate it was last monday as far as i know it may have been blocked before then but that was when i looked.

Mike and Suzi living the lifestyle in sunny central hawkes bay, Still loads of animals oh and we still have our Zebra truck.

More
9 years 4 months ago #452584 by kate
It should be okay now then...did you try again?

Web Goddess

More
9 years 4 months ago #452644 by 3 girls farming
Kate, I'm having problems too. .. not with blocking but when I log onto the site the top menu bar with the links to the forum etc flicks up and then disappears.. I have to go to the bottom and click on one of the most popular links, go in there and then the menu bar reappears and I can click on it and I'm away.... am I doing something wrong???

More
9 years 4 months ago #452657 by kate
That doesn't sound right at all...what browser are you using?

Cheers
Kate

Web Goddess

More
9 years 4 months ago #452666 by 3 girls farming
Google Chrome..

More
9 years 4 months ago #452751 by mikethebike
Replied by mikethebike on topic hi kate been blocked!
Hi kate unblocked now! thanks mike.

More
9 years 4 months ago #452804 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic hi kate been blocked!
As a side issue, be careful that your employer isn't recording and reading what you are doing on line.
My SIL's friend, already at the point of a personal grieveance claim against the employer, was terminated from her role just prior to christmas due to a remark she made in a private email from her own email addy using the work computer.

As I read the headlines etc reply to my emails whilst eating my lunch, I wondered if an employer could dictate what I view (as long as it wasn't illegal stuff) during a rest break.

More
9 years 4 months ago #452848 by Hawkspur
Replied by Hawkspur on topic hi kate been blocked!

swaggie;453627 wrote: As a side issue, be careful that your employer isn't recording and reading what you are doing on line.
My SIL's friend, already at the point of a personal grieveance claim against the employer, was terminated from her role just prior to christmas due to a remark she made in a private email from her own email addy using the work computer.

As I read the headlines etc reply to my emails whilst eating my lunch, I wondered if an employer could dictate what I view (as long as it wasn't illegal stuff) during a rest break.

What your employer can look at will partly depend on the agreement you have for personal use of the computer and internet access. Thinking about the paper equivalent sometimes helps eg:
If you use your work email address to send personal messages, it is a bit like sending a personal letter on company letterhead. They have every right to know what is being sent in their name.
If you use the company facilities to send a personal email through a personal account, it is more like using the company software, printer, paper and stamps to write a personal letter. It is reasonable for them to ask what it is.

There is a guide to privacy in the workplace here , from the Privacy Commissioner, and the relevant part is on page 35.

More
9 years 4 months ago #452885 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic hi kate been blocked!
Thanks hawkespur I will check out the link.

As far as I am aware, she (like myself) didn't have an agreement in her workplace as to whether she could open and respond to private emails during her working day.

it was definitely her own private email that was used, thus the surprise. She had no knowledge that it was being monitored.

I would compare it to having your mobile turned on all day and answering those calls. Should that be allowed as it is for others at my workplace.

More
9 years 4 months ago #452887 by Aquila
Replied by Aquila on topic hi kate been blocked!
What you do on a company computer is usually company business, text messages you send on a company phone are also company property. Things you design or ideas you have at work are company intellectual property. Simply don't do things at work. Personally I even try to avoid work at work :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Time to create page: 0.303 seconds