It's started!

• maggies mum
15 years 1 month ago #343 by maggies mum
It's started! was created by maggies mum
I can hear the guns, and there will be a few less ducks a Rotokauri Lake this morning!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago #43056 by beedee
Replied by beedee on topic It's started!
Yes.. guess they are different guns to what has been a popping off at my place..[Ineeded a proper sleep in] so far I dont think anyone has tresspassed onto my place.. but I shall go down and check.. tho we have no fog.. and tis soo neat to go creep up on them and yell abuse and pretend to be a totally raving looney then they never come back...[}:)]:D :p :D

More
15 years 1 month ago #43058 by kate
Replied by kate on topic It's started!
Here too :(

BeeDee...what do you mean pretend? :p

Web Goddess

More
15 years 1 month ago #43060 by Louise W
Replied by Louise W on topic It's started!

quote:Originally posted by Kate

BeeDee...what do you mean pretend? :p

Hehehe, nice one Kate :p

Very quiet here this year - YAY! :D Although I suppose I should not speak too soon ...

TALISMAN FARM

Home of 'TF Hamish'and 'Crossiebeg Brennan' and where we are 'breeding extraordinary horses for ordinary riders'

25 acres of beautiful rolling pastures in the heart of the wonderful Wairarapa.

NixPixArt and Talisman Farm
or join us on FACEBOOK

More
15 years 1 month ago #43094 by Kiwi303
Replied by Kiwi303 on topic It's started!
full bag here.

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

More
15 years 1 month ago #43153 by ardnas
Replied by ardnas on topic It's started!
Hi Maggies Mum,

I have just joined this site in the last couple of days, so it was neat to read your post and read of a familiar sounding place name - Rotokauri. We are at Matangi.

More
15 years 1 month ago #43154 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic It's started!
Oooh! [:0] Another Matangi-ite! (or is that Matangian?) - we are too (well, our block is!). Whereabouts are you? :D What are you doing with your block? Intros please! ;)

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

• maggies mum
15 years 1 month ago #43157 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic It's started!

quote:Originally posted by ardnas

Hi Maggies Mum,

I have just joined this site in the last couple of days, so it was neat to read your post and read of a familiar sounding place name - Rotokauri. We are at Matangi.

Welcome ardnas, you might be near tigger so that's cool and if your up this way pop in for a cuppa.:D

More
15 years 1 month ago #43158 by beedee
Replied by beedee on topic It's started!
Now Tigger, you know you aint supposed to ask folk where they live.... tut tut..
Ardnas, I dont live anywhere near.. but welcome anyway

More
15 years 1 month ago #43160 by kate
Replied by kate on topic It's started!
I'm less than 30 minutes away in Te Miro, if you want to see what the fog looks like from the top of the world come on up :D

Cheers
Kate

Web Goddess

More
15 years 1 month ago #43161 by reggit
Ah Beedee was a general question is all - you know how humungously big Matangi is!! [}:)] But you are right, sorry [:I]

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
15 years 1 month ago #43212 by ardnas
Thanks for your replies and warm welcomes everyone!

We have 2.159ha mainly in lawn/pasture with quite a few mature trees. We also inherited 200 odd truffle virus infected young Oak and nut trees. That is our first project really - to learn about them. We have 3 boys (toddlers) and I have just found out that I am expecting #4, unplanned too! So to be honest we haven't decided what to do with the property as yet. We pretty much bought it for the house, being a lot bigger than our previous home in Windmill Road, Tamahere (we had a few sheep there but donated them to the new owners). Did I mention we also have a teenager living with us? If we decide to go for a few sheep/cows we will need to erect fencing etc.

More
15 years 1 month ago #43213 by ardnas
PS. We also have one Jack Russell, Robbie; and one cat, Nigel

More
15 years 1 month ago #43215 by reggit
We are also Matangi - you should stop by and say hi sometime, we are normally working on the block on the weekends.

That is amazing about the truffles, I didn't realise anyone round here had tried these - how long until you can expect to harvest some?

More
15 years 1 month ago #43228 by ardnas
Hi Tigger, I will look out for you. I have fixed my post as you suggested, although I'm not really worried as our road is a long one and our house is miles from the road anyway.

Re. the truffles, we honestly don't a thing about them. We moved here late January and now that we are settled thought we better start finding out about them. Who knows, they could even be duds for all we know. The trees in question line either side of our driveway, so if nothing else, they have aesthetic value to us.

I'll try and keep you updated on how things pan out with them.

Also, I like your username. I was a big fan of Winnie the Pooh and his friends growing up. Piglet was always my favourite character personality wise.

Time to create page: 0.256 seconds