Libre Office help please???

More
9 years 5 months ago #34113 by shad297
I was hoping someone would be able to help me with a little WP problem.
I am trying to send a job application (CV and letter) on behalf of a friend who doesn't have a home computer using Libre and the organisation that I am trying to send it to online says that the files have to be either: rtf, doc, docx or pdf.

Libre automatically puts an 'odt' suffix on the end (which it doesn't recognise) and I don't know how to change to one of the above.

I am so stressed about this as I am trying to get it away today for her as she is going on holiday tomorrow.
Any help gratefully received.
(I know virtually nothing about Libre Office, and primarily got it for the kids to use for homework etc.)
I am on a Mac computer if that makes any difference.

Husband, two teenagers, Stanley & Jed the greyhounds, one quail (Hawkefrost), one budgie (Chaos) small productive surburban section.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #450866 by belinda_h
Most programmes will have a File/Save As option which should give you the option to save the file in different formats.

More
9 years 5 months ago #450868 by Andrea1
Replied by Andrea1 on topic Libre Office help please???
With the document open in front of you in Libre Office-- from the 'File' drop-down menu, choose the 'Print' option. In the dialog box that opens, on the lower left-hand corner is a button labeled 'PDF'. It's another drop-menu. The top option is 'Save as PDF'. You can then save it anywhere, and your computer will change the file name to include .pdf. I always include PDF in the title - helps me find it again quickly when I need it.

Hope this helps!

• Akzle
9 years 5 months ago #450874 by Akzle
Replied by Akzle on topic Libre Office help please???
there should be a drop down box below where you type the file name in the "save as" dialog box.
choose either "*any file type" or "microsoft word 2000, .doc"

if you choose "any file type", remember to type .doc after the file name.

i would avoid using docx as that's MS' new format and the open source (OOo and libre, haven't quite got the coding right so end up with some spacing and typeface issues)

also, i would recommend open office over libre. and a real computer over a mac, but that's just me. (plus has the option of saving as PDF for file you don't want people messing with)

More
9 years 5 months ago #450879 by shad297
Replied by shad297 on topic Libre Office help please???
Thanks everyone - managed to sort it and send successfully. Just hope it doesn't look like a botch job the other end!!
cheers
shad

Husband, two teenagers, Stanley & Jed the greyhounds, one quail (Hawkefrost), one budgie (Chaos) small productive surburban section.

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds