A short rant about things which don't make sense

More
15 years 1 month ago #340 by Isla
I have had a day of learning things I wish I didn't know, talking to people who lie without conscience, flatter without sincerity simply to achieve some aim I don't understand; heard stories of others doing things they ought not to have done for reasons they cannot possibly justify with any sense of morality. I have been told that it is usual commercial practice to mislead your public and the buyers of your product, that money and the best price is all that matters and all manner of equivalents to "your cheque is in the mail" and what's that other one Clinton probably said to Lewinski? I feel sullied, sleazed, dirty, like I need to wash in - I was going to say milk, but under the circumstances, that would be entirely inappropriate - something clean and wholesome and bright! I had forgotten that some of the world is a very very dirty place, for I am fortunate to be able to avoid such people and behaviours most of the time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago #43010 by The Kats Place
Oh dear Isla I do hope you have a better day today. Yes there are some crappy areas to life but fortunately the good still out weigh the bad

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

More
15 years 1 month ago #43011 by kate
You should try dealing with Transpower..I feel I need a washdown with waterblaster just thinking about them.....

I do know how you feel. I was brought up believing that the good guys won, that most people cared about natural justice and that if people could just see why a thing was wrong they'd change their minds...yeah right!

Best of luck
Kate

Web Goddess

More
15 years 1 month ago #43012 by Dream Weaver
sounds like you need a hug.

More
15 years 1 month ago #43014 by Isla
I'll try a hug - but probably not from the homekill guy who's due here in an hour or so...

I am extremely grateful Transpower have no reason to impinge on my life and this current furore shall pass in time. I'm also very pleased the sun is shining, so my little grey heifer, who's looking at me through my office window, can enjoy her last morning ... here he is.

More
15 years 1 month ago #43022 by MikeCollett
let me guess - real estate agents?

I don't mind fishing in the rain, fish are already wet...

More
15 years 1 month ago #43025 by reggit
Dairy company?

Sorry to hear you had such a bad time of it. Find a nice spot to sit til you find your inner peace again ;).

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
15 years 1 month ago #43027 by Isla
Tigger's on the right track.

Time to create page: 0.192 seconds