Cleaning laptop screen...coffee splashes!

More
9 years 6 months ago #33884 by reggit
Those who know me know that I spend a fair bit of time in cafes working...and as a result, over the last couple of years, my laptop screen has accumulated quite a lot of wee splashes/dots of stuff (probably coffee [}:)]) - is there any spray on I can get to clean the screen? The stuff won't just wipe off...

Help! :)

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #448642 by Aquila
Isopropyl alcohol from any computer shop will do or a damp rag with warm water

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

More
9 years 6 months ago #448646 by charlotte1
Mine was very grubby (I blame the kids) and I used a cloth that is used for cleaning glasses, came up like new.

More
9 years 6 months ago #448648 by Ruth
I use sunlight soap on a scratchy-stuff-free xlo to get the sticky/greasy bits off, then rinse out a couple of times and it all comes up like new. I think it pays to clean regularly, or some of the spots become permanent.

More
9 years 6 months ago #448651 by max2

charlotte1;448960 wrote: Mine was very grubby (I blame the kids) and I used a cloth that is used for cleaning glasses, came up like new.

Miss E is using her glasses one too on the ipad. Works a treat, esp for someone that has hayfever as well...

More
9 years 6 months ago #448655 by Minstrel
White vinegar diluted in water works brilliant on my LCD tv screen :)

More
9 years 6 months ago #448665 by Kiwi303
I use the spray for cleaning glasses, works fine on my laptops, both past and present.

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

More
9 years 6 months ago #448681 by Xartep
You can get a spray called "Screen-Clene" [8D] at places like Dick Smith, you can also get a special super soft non scratch micro fibre cloth with it.

Especially formulated for cleaning coffee, sneezes, dust and fly poop off your expensive screen(s) - TV, Computer, E-reader, phone etc.

I have it works a treat, didn't cost much and lasts for ages.

3 Cocker Spaniels, 1 Huntaway, 3 Cats, Goats, Sheep, Pigs, Cows, Ducks, Chickens, Bunnies - small petting zoo?:rolleyes::cool:

More
9 years 6 months ago #448687 by DiDi
Dear God - some of these suggestions are what you should NOT be doing. Go to somewhere like Noel Leeming (my favourite store with the best ever employees - in Pukekohe) and get a screen cleaning cloth from them. You wet it, wipe your screen and it is immaculate. Obviously, the $2 stores also sell cloths but I have tried theirs as well and the real thing is worth every dollar you pay for it. Alcohol on a LCD screen - never!

More
9 years 6 months ago #448701 by kai
tbh you can use just about anything. the important thing is that the cloth is lint free and damp not wet and that it leaves little or no residue.

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds