Electric Blanket - Best Way to Clean?

More
11 years 3 months ago #33585 by Toast
Double electric blanket with mesh and elastic for holding it on the mattress.

What's the best way to clean it? Dryclean?

It's not one of the ones that the electric cords come out of & you wash in water.

Any advice would be great. Thanks.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Toast is the best food in the world
Whisky is the best drink in the world

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #445253 by 4trees
Hi Toast, is there anything on the label regarding cleaning it, sometimes they have a little label attached with this sort of information, or else on the brochures that came with it. Cheers.

Cheers
http:treeandshrub.co.nz

More
11 years 3 months ago #445261 by Stikkibeek
Vaccum cleaner with upholstery attachment. Any soiled areas, put a towel underneath and very gently massage/sponge a little very weak solution of water and blanket/wool mix through it, catching the water underneath with the towel. Dab dry. Dry flat. Electrical circuitry in Electric blankets should be checked every year, so it's a good time to have yours checked once it's dry.

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
11 years 3 months ago #445337 by Toast
4Trees - you are so clever. I thought of that last night after I posted. Haven't got to it yet, although have tripped over it in the hall! Will investigate that soon.

STB - I had wondered about vacc cleaner as a lot of it is lint etc. Has quite a few stains where I had upended mug of tea etc. If they won't sponge out I'm going to stitch patches over them - have some very similar material from my horsey stuff.

Probably won't use it much next winter as house now insulated, macrocapa firewood & water boils on top of logburner so hotties are the latest fad. I had forgotten how warm they stay overnight - they are great to wake up to. Will still have the elec blnkt on bed as a back-up & another warm layer underneath.

Thanks everybody.

More
11 years 2 months ago #448505 by Toast
Just did this job. Vacuum cleaner was great and quick. Easy to see where I had been as the blanket had a piece of merino fabric (2nd which I couldn't use) folded over on it when on the bed. Grey lint fibres had made the white elec blanket look really grey.

Had it looking pristine white again really quickly. Also, think I had it on the bed upside down so have turned it the other way & it looks like new - no need to get rid of the stains.

Now rolled up & all ready for 2013 winter.

Thanks for tips.

More
11 years 2 months ago #448515 by Stikkibeek

Toast;448805 wrote: Just did this job. Vacuum cleaner was great and quick. Easy to see where I had been as the blanket had a piece of merino fabric (2nd which I couldn't use) folded over on it when on the bed. Grey lint fibres had made the white elec blanket look really grey.

Had it looking pristine white again really quickly. Also, think I had it on the bed upside down so have turned it the other way & it looks like new - no need to get rid of the stains.

Now rolled up & all ready for 2013 winter.

Thanks for tips.

Glad to be of service!

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

Time to create page: 0.131 seconds