Google query

More
9 years 7 months ago #33551 by spoook
Google query was created by spoook
Has Google changed their format? I am trying to search for NZ sites only and the options I normally have on the left side are not there. [:(!] :(

I see there have been changes made by the articles around but the only diff I can see is the loss of the search parameters, say week, month, year and the ability to search NZ only.
Only yesterday I was searching and it was all there, today...... gone !

OMG, I may have found it. The little cog in top right, that has to be filed in for what you want. Wow, a lot of extra keystrokes.

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #444959 by Hawkspur
Replied by Hawkspur on topic Google query
The latest change is annoying as I often flick between NZ and world-wide searches. you now need more than one click to do this:
click on "search tools" then on the pop up menu, click on the down arrow next to "the web" then click on the option you are given (hopefully)of "New Zealand"
They are calling it a "cleaner" look and it is aimed at mobile users, but I don't want this as standard!
computerworld.co.nz/news.nsf/telecommuni...ge-eyes-mobile-users

More
9 years 7 months ago #444974 by spoook
Replied by spoook on topic Google query
So I guess I am stuck with it. Great, more to be pissed at. :(

More
9 years 7 months ago #444976 by kate
Replied by kate on topic Google query
That is annoying... :(

Web Goddess

More
9 years 7 months ago #444988 by wandering free
Replied by wandering free on topic Google query
www.google.co.nz/firefox?client=firefox-...zilla:en-US:official

This is the one I'm using and it has the New Zealand option or is it something else they have changed.

Just me and the cat now, on 2 acres of fruit and veg + hazel nuts, macadamia, chestnuts and walnuts,
www.youtube.com/user/bandjsellars?feature=mhee

More
9 years 7 months ago #445152 by SarahM
Replied by SarahM on topic Google query
Phew thought it was just me or something I was doing wrong. Great - more RSI for my mousing arm just to get NZ included in my searches.

Another thing I'm pee'd off about - in earlier versions of IE I would highlight and right click things like addresses and 'accelerators' would come up from Google - ie direct access to Google maps. Now in IE the so called 'accelerators' default to Bing. Who wants Bing!? Obviously they have some arrangement with Microsoft. It is very difficult to reinstate Google accelerators - in fact I've not been successful.

5 acres, husband, daughter, son, me, about 12 sheep and their lambs, currently no ram (yay!), 2 Galloways, about 35 chooks, 3 cats and 2 budgies.

More
9 years 7 months ago #445165 by jimminette
Replied by jimminette on topic Google query
OH thank heavens - I was wondering what I'd done and how I could fix it. Even went thru to google help desk. HATE HATE HATE IT. Damn IT guys and their job justification. Can't they work on the old 'if it aint broke, don't fix it.' And then when I did work out how I could get options the drop down menu disappeared before I could read all the options.

More
9 years 7 months ago #445166 by jimminette
Replied by jimminette on topic Google query

wandering free;444933 wrote: www.google.co.nz/firefox?client=firefox-...zilla:en-US:official

This is the one I'm using and it has the New Zealand option or is it something else they have changed.

Well that's certainly better than google is now. I'm running firefox so suits me. Now can you please tell me how I make that page my homepage. TIA[:I]

More
9 years 7 months ago #445176 by spoook
Replied by spoook on topic Google query
Tools.... Options ... General. Here you will see the option to make any page/s your homepage/s

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds