Data usage on cell phone.

More
9 years 8 months ago #33141 by Doug
I have a Samsung Galaxy Android cell phone (hope that is the correct description) and I thought that I had about an $18 prepay balance. When I checked it had whittled down to $3.50 yet I had not used it for ages. I phoned 2 Degrees and the assistant there said that I had used my credit up by constant data updates updating my apps etc. He suggested that I change my settings to only makes these updates when near my wireless modem for my computer and that they would then be free. The updates apparently happen 24 hours a day unless you are connected exclusively to a wireless computer modem. Apparently too, the setting is automatically changed back when you add more prepay so one must rechange it to updating by wireless modem only, or you pay for the data used off your prepay account. This p----ed me off because no-one had explained that to me before. I hope that I have made this clear so that anyone else won't be caught out.[}:)]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago #440622 by eelcat
Replied by eelcat on topic Data usage on cell phone.
We were caught out with an ordinary cell phone like this - got to be very expensive!

1 Border collie, 1 Huntaway, 2 Lhasa Apsos, Suffolk and arapawa ewe crosses, an Arapawa ram,an East Friesian ewe , 5 cats, 42 ducks , 1 rooster and 30 hens, 5 geese, 12 goats, 2 donkeys, 2 house cows, one heifer calf, one bull calf, 3 rabbits and lots and lots and lots of fruit trees...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.201 seconds