Just wait...

More
9 years 9 months ago #33122 by igor
Just wait... was created by igor
... for the nongs to panic over this and call for even more ridiculous regulations.

www.stuff.co.nz/national/7775224/Girl-in...l-after-feeding-lamb

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 9 months ago #440484 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic Just wait...
Hope she comes right but...as far as preventing stuff like this...

If you don't wash your hands after handling animals/animal feeds/etc etc you can catch stuff. Elementary...

I remember my gran used to make me wash my hands in Swarfega (sp?) after I had been horseriding. Or even just brushing horses! I wouldn't do that now, for me it was way overkill.

Get more germs off 3 year old kids, walking agar plates! [}:)] Also need to wash your hands after handling them! [;)]

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
9 years 9 months ago #440492 by muri
Replied by muri on topic Just wait...
This might slow down the trade in 'designer' pet lambs, where people breed specifically for the ag day market and you see them on trade me at over $200 each. People breed them specifically for that.
Quite different from the ones rejected by their mums or their mums dying.
I hope the kid is ok
but it might put some balance into the whole ag day thing.
I was going down to my local school to check out their ag day out of interest but it sounds as tho it might be too dangerous for me ? I could wear gloves I suppose

More
9 years 9 months ago #440494 by spoook
Replied by spoook on topic Just wait...
OMG, how scaremongering can the press get?!

What ever happened to the responsibility of parents to teach their children basic common sense and basic hygiene?????????

"To prevent the spread of VTEC and other infections it was important people only drank pasteurised milk and did not put their hands in their mouth after feeding or touching farm animals, Humphrey said."

Geez, I am luck I am alive then. All the little kids I am cuddling currently, testing the milk for the right temperature after milking the goat, all the stronger for it, I feel.

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

More
9 years 9 months ago #440500 by Stikkibeek
Replied by Stikkibeek on topic Just wait...
There are now three threads with this same issue. Cowvet on pasteurised milk and llvonn on touching animals can be lethal. Must be red rag to an LSB er

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
9 years 9 months ago #440509 by Organix
Replied by Organix on topic Just wait...

Stikkibeek;439977 wrote: There are now three threads with this same issue. Cowvet on pasteurised milk and llvonn on touching animals can be lethal. Must be red rag to an LSB er

Combine the threads. This could be the entertainment we need for a stormy weekend [;)]

Harm Less Solutions.co.nz
NZ & AU distributor of Eco Wood Treatment stains and Bambu Dru bamboo fabrics and clothing

More
9 years 9 months ago #440533 by Stikkibeek
Replied by Stikkibeek on topic Just wait...

Organix;439988 wrote: Combine the threads. This could be the entertainment we need for a stormy weekend [;)]

Oh good. I only come here to be entertained! :p [}:)]

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
9 years 9 months ago #440644 by griev
Replied by griev on topic Just wait...
haha In my corner I have an elderly man whom once was one of the only registered producers and sellers of raw milk in Christchurch.

He gets very passionate about scaremongering about raw milk, and is well (as you would expect since they had their own lab for testing etc) learned up on raw milk issues.

in all the time they were trading they had up to 14 inspectors just waiting to pounce, every-time they came away clean as a whistle, even when one of the inspectors didn't have a implement let alone a sterile spoon to take samples from their shops supply, picked up a twig from the ground to use to scoop out the sample haha.

so bring on the stormy weekend lol

Let the sun shine on my solar panels[:)]

More
9 years 9 months ago #440658 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic Just wait...
Add Agenda 21 to this thread as well. Control!

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds