Auckland Transport and infringement notices

More
9 years 10 months ago #438920 by Stikkibeek

igor;438231 wrote:
My first falcon and the best falcon six ever made. The iron head cross-flow 4.1 litre. Three speed column change manual with no power steering. Is this like yours Stikki?

:D No. It doesn't have the lipstick! :p ............ .........................................and it's a sedan, automatic with power steering, although OH put that in for his father. Can't tell you what the engine is, but it's a 6 cylinder. The other one his father had, but sold, was a V8.

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #438947 by stephclark
oh wow Igor.. what a whale of a car!..
i had a salon the same vintage, opposite paint work thow.. the body was red and the rust was blue [;)]
i got to know all the local traffic cops.. they all took one look and flagged it down..LOL.. the look on their faces when a well dressed business woman in heels stepped out of fully legal car..
i was banned form parking in the company car park, apparantly it lowered the tone :D

More
9 years 10 months ago #438960 by igor
The first time I took my wife home to Northland to meet my parents she was amazed at the way Auckland drivers cleared a lane ahead of us on the motorway. And the car was all one colour then.
I have had a similar reaction from police in Dunedin once Steph. From behind all the cop could see was a long haired driver in an old car. When I got out in my good suit his whole attitude changed and he started calling me sir like he meant it.

More
9 years 10 months ago #438970 by Cinsara

stephclark;438264 wrote: i was banned form parking in the company car park, apparantly it lowered the tone :D

:D:D:D

>

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate!

More
9 years 10 months ago #438972 by igor
A company that has leadership that thinks like that is a company I would not like to work for. We had a comparison of all our personal vehicles here in the office and only one of us has a car from this century. We drive old cars because we can.

More
9 years 10 months ago #438979 by kiwi_jon

Stikkibeek;438190 wrote: I suppose it's general. It's just a normal passenger car.

It says on the license label, either G, EA or EB. If for example the vehicle is licensed as a farm vehicle it will have EB on the label.

If it is licensed as a farm vehicle then it would be illegal to park at the bank as farm vehicles can only be on public roads when travelling from one part of the farm to another or to another farm under the same management.

The license label isn't obscured in any way? wipers, dirty windscreen

More
9 years 10 months ago #439002 by Stikkibeek

kiwi_jon;438298 wrote:

The license label isn't obscured in any way? wipers, dirty windscreen

No. It's all clear and ok. The only thing it could possibly be is that there is a small curl in the corner of the pocket, which is just a small curl, nothing else. And as I read above from the rules, one doesn't actually need a pocket. It is probably only a convenience to stop the label ending up on the floor or flying out the window if it's open. Otherwise it seems you can actually leave it on the dashboard as long as it's visible and upright.

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
9 years 10 months ago #439055 by Aria
I once got a parking ticket - well actually I didn't GET the parking ticket, or the notice of it in the post, or the notice that due to it being unpaid it was going to court. First time I heard about it was after it had grown to an additional $200.00 due to court costs and late penalty fee. AND I wasn't even in town on the alleged day of the offence - in fact I was out of the region, travelling on business in the car on that day.

So I religiously followed all the procedures required including affidavits etc to prove this wasn't me in that car park and I hadn't received prior notices etc. The correspondence for which they managed to lose and the next thing I know the ruddy thing had grown in cost by another $200.00.

So I went down to the courthouse with all my documentation in hand to sort it out.

So frustrating and arrogant was the person behind the counter, that I requested to speak to a supervisor. So worse in attitude was that person that they nearly had security throw me out as the exchange got rather loud between us. I left (fuming) and headed straight to the police station requesting to lodge a complaint under the Human Rights Act.

It took a while to convince the police to take the complaint and so they eventually scribbled something down on some form and I left them with it as well as copies of all my documentation.

The ticket and all the additional fines were withdrawn (never heard back from the police, only the courts) .. but my point is - how could any young person in particular manage to fight the injustice successfully?

More
9 years 10 months ago #439082 by jeannielea
Agree Aria. I once got a ticket for speeding in a 50km area. I knew I has been snapped but never heard anything. Two years later I got a notice saying I owed $150.00 plus court costs and more threatened as I hadn't been in court. So I went and said I had never received anything at all. We worked out the originals must have gone to our previous address and not sent on or back to addressee. But my car had been registered at the new address all that time!! Even before the ticket was issued. I was made to pay the court costs though as it had been through the court. If it was me today I might have fought harder but I did know I had been speeding so felt guilty anyway.

Time to create page: 0.201 seconds