How to do a Press Release?

• Andrea
9 years 9 months ago #32892 by Andrea
How to do a Press Release? was created by Andrea
Never having done one, I really haven't a clue as to where to begin... long story short, our goat club is hosting a Field Day next month (posting in Your Place), with a speaker from MPI on the Goat Code of Welfare, and a speaker from AgResearch talking about goat husbandry. Would like to reach as much of the public as we can - we are a non-profit group and not a lot of $$ to spend on publicity, so was hoping a press release would be the way to go on this. Any ideas or advice? Is this even a feasible way to go?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 9 months ago #437829 by belinda_h
PM me Andrea - I could probably help. Being a journo/media type :-) Busy tonight but can have a look at it tomorrow evening

More
9 years 9 months ago #437839 by Andrea1
Replied by Andrea1 on topic How to do a Press Release?
Thanks belinda - what sort of info would you like me to PM?

More
9 years 9 months ago #438406 by Seaside
Replied by Seaside on topic How to do a Press Release?
There are a couple of websites that post all press releases they are sent. Have a look before you write it as it'll give you an idea of the typical format. Once written, you can submit them and they'll be online (you could send a copy to relevant press outlets, local community newspapers, and websites also - anyone you think would be interested).

The press release websites are:
www.scoop.co.nz
www.voxy.co.nz

Email me if you have any questions, want help, or want me to proof read your release. I've read a gazillion (and written a few) in my time.

Kids, beasts, and chillies in Swannanoa South.
www.farmaway.co.nz

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds