Good hairdresser - Rangiora/Cust area

More
11 years 5 months ago #32845 by cantabcook
Can anyone from North Canterbury recommend a good hairdresser please (who doesn't charge the earth either)! Its going to be a long drive back to Chch to my regular one so I need to take the plunge and try a new one soon. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #437320 by Trace
I use the hairdresser's up at Cust, and find them great. I used to pay nearly three hundred each time for my hair to be done in Auckland - same thing in Cust - ninety dollars. Love too, that there's no parking issues etc.

More
11 years 5 months ago #437321 by cantabcook
Is that the one on the main drag? I did see one there when we went through Cust for a drive.
Would that be the cost of a cut and colour (got a few greys that need dealing to)!

More
11 years 5 months ago #437364 by Nora
There's a great one on main st in rangiora with no app needed and very cheap.

More
11 years 5 months ago #437375 by Andrea1

Nora;436534 wrote: There's a great one on main st in rangiora with no app needed and very cheap.

Is that the one tucked up off the footpath a bit, sort of up a little lane near the WDC offices? That one is great - $25 for a cut, they do cut and colour as well (don't know the cost... I cut my own hair, but kids and DH all go there and get a very good cut). I can't remember its name though!

More
11 years 5 months ago #437381 by Seaside
I use the one Andrea mentioned, it's called HRM Haircuts (or something similar). You just turn up and there are 4 or 5 stylists and usually 4 or 5 people waiting, takes about 15 minutes before its your turn.

A trim on my fizzoid hair takes 10 or 15 minutes and costs $20, and they don't turn on the "try this product" spiel unless you ask for advice. As you can imagine, you get what you pay for so it's not top salon styling, but fine if you're like me and just want the split ends gone, a fringe not in your eyes, the 'boof' effect gone, and not too much random sticking-outness.

What suits me is not needing to make an appointment, I never get around to it (one year it was two years between haircuts) if I have to have one.

Kids, beasts, and chillies in Swannanoa South.
www.farmaway.co.nz

More
11 years 5 months ago #437384 by Andrea1

Seaside;436551 wrote: I use the one Andrea mentioned, it's called HRM Haircuts (or something similar). You just turn up and there are 4 or 5 stylists and usually 4 or 5 people waiting, takes about 15 minutes before its your turn.

What suits me is not needing to make an appointment, I never get around to it (one year it was two years between haircuts) if I have to have one.

Not having to have an appt is a great feature for us. As for the quality of hte cut, both my kids have 'weird' heads of hair. DS have the oddest cowlicks on his head, and they have to be careful how they cut it or it ends up looking ridiculous. Last cut he got he went to a male barber in town and ended up looking like he'd had a pudding basin plopped on his head and the ends sticking out cut off. He doesn't usually care what he looks like, but was mortified at this haircut. So it's back to Rangiora. DD's last cut was a complete change of style - pixie cut - 3 months ago, and as it's grown out it's morphed into new do's, to the extent that her friends at school think she's gotten a new cut. Long story short, I think it's very good value for money.

More
11 years 5 months ago #437388 by Seaside

Andrea;436554 wrote: Long story short, I think it's very good value for money.

Agreed, I have always been happy with the job they've done on my hair. I've paid $$$$ before elsewhere and not been happy.

Kids, beasts, and chillies in Swannanoa South.
www.farmaway.co.nz

More
11 years 5 months ago #437478 by Nora
Yes that's the one. And they have a loyalty card to get a free one every ten.

More
11 years 5 months ago #438074 by Trace

cantabcook;436487 wrote: Is that the one on the main drag? I did see one there when we went through Cust for a drive.
Would that be the cost of a cut and colour (got a few greys that need dealing to)!

Yep, that's the one. I was there last night, and a cut, and colour was eighty seven dollars. I guess that would change depending on the length of your hair etc. My colour is highlights done with foils and I have three different colours put through lol, so that may influence the price a bit as well.

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds