Feedback on TradeMe

More
9 years 10 months ago #32533 by Simkin
Feedback on TradeMe was created by Simkin
I've received my very first red face[:(!] from a rogue trader who sold us a pair of home plugs which don't even fit into a NZ power socket. They also can't be configured, despite the seller's claim that they are 'Compatible with Homeplug 1.0 product'.

I have dealt with rogue traders before and abstained from placing feedback for fear that they might place retaliatory feedback.

In this case I was certain that it is absolutely obvious that we have been taken for a ride so I placed negative feedback, hoping that TradeMe would remove retaliatory feedback.

I'm still in negotiations with TradeMe but they only do this under extraordinary circumstances.

My point is - the feedback option is a farce if rogue traders can bully the traders they've taken for a ride into not placing negative feedback for fear of getting negative feedback.

I'm proud of my 100% positive feedback - well, was proud :(

How many of you have abstained from placing negative feedback for fear of retaliatory feedback?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #434306 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic Feedback on TradeMe
I think this subject was covered on Fair Go this week where negative feedback turned into a nightmare and FG was hands off. I wouldn't worry about it ( but not a huge TM person) as it is usually obvious to the reader who wants to know why you posted negative feedback. I wouldn't lose sleep over it - just state your case and leave intelligent people to work it out.

More
9 years 10 months ago #434307 by Simkin
Replied by Simkin on topic Feedback on TradeMe
Didi - I don't loose sleep over it. I know that it easy to work out because the other trader hasn't got the best record.

However, I think that the feedback option turns into a farce if rogue traders can bully good traders into not placing negative feedback.

More
9 years 10 months ago #434318 by kai
Replied by kai on topic Feedback on TradeMe
I have pretty good feedback and I respond to negative feedback (1) with comments, and explain it is retaliatory feedback. Due to the number of positive feedbacks I have I am not bothered about 1 red face. I don't dish out bad feedback until I have tried to rectify things with the trader first.

More
9 years 10 months ago #434319 by highgirl
Replied by highgirl on topic Feedback on TradeMe
I thought there was a chance to respond to the feedback? I could be wrong, it in any case I wouldn't worry too much about negative feedback.

In saying that I hate it when it happens to me and get very offended but it hasn't actually affected my trade me dealings.

More
9 years 10 months ago #434324 by SarahM
Replied by SarahM on topic Feedback on TradeMe
I hate the rogue traders, hence why I block bids from people who have poor feedback (when I am selling). I also never buy off anyone with less than 98% feedback.

I've been duped a couple of times. One was a trader who sent an item of poor quality - not that advertised. Another was a trader who did not reply to my repeated e-mail and cellphone contacts and then tried to blame me (and I was the seller).

Both traders have since been chucked out of TM for very poor performance. In this case feedback given by a member excluded from TM be erased. Hopefully your seller will be chucked out if they have continued poor performance.

My worst experience with TM was a couple who bought some chooks from me. We agreed a time, and I asked them to be on time (give or take 10 mins is reasonable). They turned up over an hour late and were completely unapologetic. They became aggressive and I asked them to leave, without completing the trade. They remained on my property, blocking the driveway, and I had to call the Police. It was This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. awful and the Police weren't very helpful - felt completely violated.

I waited to see what feedback would eventuate from this couple, and nothing came. Likewise I didn't give them any feedback. So it is possible there are some rogue traders with quite positive feedback. Also I've seen a lot of feedback with happy faces but negative comments.

I think TM really need to police their system more, rather than taking such a passive approach. Long ramble!

5 acres, husband, daughter, son, me, about 12 sheep and their lambs, currently no ram (yay!), 2 Galloways, about 35 chooks, 3 cats and 2 budgies.

More
9 years 10 months ago #434326 by Organix
Replied by Organix on topic Feedback on TradeMe
One solution someone is to place positive feedback stating - "Awaiting contact or payment", then after 45 days, if the buyer hasn't placed any feedback on you, you can edit your feedback to negative and they can't add any feedback on you [}:)]

Harm Less Solutions.co.nz
NZ & AU distributor of Eco Wood Treatment stains and Bambu Dru bamboo fabrics and clothing

More
9 years 10 months ago #434329 by muri
Replied by muri on topic Feedback on TradeMe

Organix;432974 wrote: One solution someone is to place positive feedback stating - "Awaiting contact or payment", then after 45 days, if the buyer hasn't placed any feedback on you, you can edit your feedback to negative and they can't add any feedback on you [}:)]

I think I have better things to do than make a note somewhere and remember to go back after 45 days and change someones feedback.
I state it as it is - trader has not paid and feedback will be changed once payment shows
I have numerous red faces for stating it how it is and hence getting retaliation.
I see no way that trade me can start negotiating on everyones feedback it just wouldnt work for them
I dont understand why people get upset about their feedbacks, the noticeboards are full of topics of people complaining about it
I do , however, think that if the person hasnt paid, and you have gone thru trade me to get a refund then that trader should be prevented from placing feedback on you

More
9 years 10 months ago #434340 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic Feedback on TradeMe
I also was proud of my 100% positive feedback that was earned over 6 years. I am not a big trader by any means, and twice I felt let down by purchasers.

On the first occasion I let it go, and then received a reminder from TM that I hadn't placed feedback. Let that one go as well, but the other party must have received the same reminder as then I received my first and only red face claiming I hadn't returned contact when I certainly had 3 times. They replied I should check my outbox!

I suspect once they realised where pick up was (it was in the main body of the listing) after doing the buy now thing, they had no intention of driving 50 klms for 1 $10 chook! They have only traded once since then, buying a number of chooks but from the North side of Auckland.

The second disappointing time (and a lesson learnt not to trust anyone) was a local lady who is associated with my work. Because of this association I trusted her when she asked if she could send someone else up to pick up hay that she wanted to buy.
The pick up went ok but they didn't have the money for payment. Months went by, I emailed her, left messages on her mobile etc (had already completed the TM feedback in trust) and then decided to ask a few others at work about her. Well known for it apparently! Next step was to leave messages on her home telephone line about the time Hubby was due home from work. The payment was in my bank account the following day.

all very disappointing....

More
9 years 10 months ago #434350 by Simkin

DiDi;432952 wrote: I think this subject was covered on Fair Go this week where negative feedback turned into a nightmare and FG was hands off.

I watched the Fair Go item on the computer and the two traders had their retaliatory negative feedback removed as a result of FairGo's intervention.

However, I would never give negative feedback if the item was a different colour than the one pictured (a cat cage of all things - I wouldn't care about that) or if a trader doesn't want the item after inspecting it (the seller can re-list so time waster, yes, but red face:confused:)

I'm out of pocket, have a worthless piece of rubbish AND a red face.

Will keep you posted - am still trying to get rid of it[B)]

More
9 years 10 months ago #434351 by muri
Replied by muri on topic Feedback on TradeMe
Simkin, there are some trade me rules that relate to compliance with NZ regulation. You will have to search the rules to find it as I am not up to date on those things but you can complain direct to trade me if they are not NZ compliant.
If you want, you could put it up on the Trade Me message boards and people there seem to know the rules really well and will quote such left right and centre for you

More
9 years 10 months ago #434354 by llvonn
Replied by llvonn on topic Feedback on TradeMe
The majority of times I am the buyer. I always pay immediately (unless the item is pay on pick up) and email them with the e-receipt as soon as i have paid. I have found however, that despite this they will not put feedback until i have placed mine - which makes me feel that if I put anything negative they are going to retaliate.

To fix this I have now come up with a partial solution. I state at the bottom of my contact email that as buyer I will not place feedback until I have received feedback. The feedback they place should be based on my timeliness of contact and payment.

1 Border Terrier, 5 hens, 5 chicks, an orchard and vege garden. All on 350 square metres.

More
9 years 10 months ago #434377 by Simkin

llvonn;433006 wrote: The majority of times I am the buyer. I always pay immediately (unless the item is pay on pick up) and email them with the e-receipt as soon as i have paid. I have found however, that despite this they will not put feedback until i have placed mine - which makes me feel that if I put anything negative they are going to retaliate.

To fix this I have now come up with a partial solution. I state at the bottom of my contact email that as buyer I will not place feedback until I have received feedback. The feedback they place should be based on my timeliness of contact and payment.

This trader I'm complaining about placed positive feedback as soon as he received payment. When I placed negative feedback he changed his to negative in retaliation. So all the abovementioned 'tricks' wouldn't have worked :( .

I've never frequented the TradeMe message boards - it's quite rough there in comparison to here :)

More
9 years 10 months ago #434385 by Nora
Replied by Nora on topic Feedback on TradeMe
When I left nz I sold something like 100 birds, most on trademe. I took photos of each and took care to ensure I had accounted for each bird. Unfortunately I then listed this one pullet twice. The second person to get in touch with me was really annoyed about missing out and didn't seem to understand that I had made a genuine mistake, and instead thought I was unhappy to sell the bird or had some other hidden reason for not going through with the trade. He was quite threatening, such that I ended up buying a similar pullet from a local breeder, thirty minutes drive away from me and selling that to him instead. I was really upset about the whole thing and wish I had placed negative feedback but was worried about what might happen if I did -not just the negative feedback but perhaps some other consequence. The only good thing about it was the other breeder was an incredibly interesting bloke who showed me some amazing stuff at his place so I felt privileged to have met him.

More
9 years 10 months ago #434444 by Xartep
Replied by Xartep on topic Feedback on TradeMe
I red faced someone a few years back after much trouble with the infernal woman, many on here have had similar interactions with her so we won't go into details[;)]

She then threw a pile of BS and a redface at me. As it was clearly retaliatory feedback and mine was just factual TM initially made her change her statements and then eventually removed the redface from my feedback.

It is hardwork though as you have to ring on the 0900 number and you know that the staff have full sympathy for you but can't really do much. It is in their terms however that you can't post retaliatory FB so if yours is strictly factual, they have more power to change things.

Ususally if I think there is a chance of someone being dodgy I just withdraw their bids and ignore their comments and blacklist them. I have even withdrawn a listing because someone got precious about it.

3 Cocker Spaniels, 1 Huntaway, 3 Cats, Goats, Sheep, Pigs, Cows, Ducks, Chickens, Bunnies - small petting zoo?:rolleyes::cool:

Time to create page: 0.346 seconds