Cell phone problem

More
9 years 10 months ago #32514 by Doug
Cell phone problem was created by Doug
Hi. I have a Samsung Galaxy Gio GT5560 cell phone. Unfortunately I have fiddled with it. Under the heading "LATITUDE" I used to get a GPS position come up as soon as I logged on to this icon. This was so accurate that it even showed which room of the house I was in. Now it shows my location as being many kms away. It also comes up, instead of the original screen, with one about my friends (non selected) whom I would like to add to show my location.
All I want to do is go back to the factory setting just for this specific section.
Can someone please tell me how I can do this? Under "Settings" and then "Location and Security" I have enabled "Use Wireless Networks" and "Use GPS satellites." I have tried stopping each but problem still remains. I will not fiddle with this ever again when I get it righted!!!:o

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #434194 by Hawkspur
Replied by Hawkspur on topic Cell phone problem
I asked my sister who works for Telecom, and she asked someone there. The reply was,
"Pretty much to solve that the easiest thing would be to perform a factory reset on the phone, never come across that issue before and being a preset app there is not much I can think of to resolve it, sorry."

More
9 years 10 months ago #434202 by thevarneys
Replied by thevarneys on topic Cell phone problem
my phone is a vodafone 858 but I have the same Latitude programme as yours does. Mine reverts to the nearest tower (?) when that app is off, few kms away form us. To get it running again when the app is open, I press my menu key which brings up the choices of search; directions; layers; my location; join lattitude and more;, under more, is some more options including sign in. Try that.

Some people are so poor, all they have is money.

More
9 years 10 months ago #434283 by Doug
Replied by Doug on topic Cell phone problem
Many thanks for your replies. I have done a factory reset and all is now back to normal. Couldn't find those options in mine, Varneys. Won't fiddle with this again!

More
9 years 10 months ago #434320 by shad297
Replied by shad297 on topic Cell phone problem
I have a new cell phone a Samsung too (different model) and I am petrified of it!
I wish I was young and not scared of technology.

Husband, two teenagers, Stanley & Jed the greyhounds, one quail (Hawkefrost), one budgie (Chaos) small productive surburban section.

More
9 years 10 months ago #434507 by Doug
Replied by Doug on topic Cell phone problem
YES Shad297! My feelings exactly. I usually get my grandkids (who convinced me to buy this cell phone in the first place but really wanted me to buy a thingy called an I Pad,) to help me but this problem even had them stumped.

My wife bought me an E Book Reader for Christmas and I managed to get that to work, well, with a little bit of help from, once again, the grandkids.

They just seem to know instinctively how to operate/fix these gadgets.:confused:

More
9 years 10 months ago #434521 by Stikkibeek
Replied by Stikkibeek on topic Cell phone problem
When the CDMA network closed, I traded my perfectly good Samsung for a Telecom R1. Does have some nice things about it, but there are two issues with it that I really dislike. 1. It doesn't hold its charge very long, and 2. the main issue, is I cannot read the text on it. It is infinitesimal white script on a black background and it is impossible to read. As I mainly use it for text, it is essentially useless. I'm awaiting the arrival of some other options to see if one of them is better and user friendly.

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

Time to create page: 0.199 seconds