AAAhhhggg

More
9 years 10 months ago #32429 by Thunda
AAAhhhggg was created by Thunda
I noticed my dog licking the garage floor - ignored it....went back half and hour later and he is still licking.

Upon further investigation I discover that the plug for my chest freezer (containing home kill beef) has come out and it has defrosted and the blood is leaking out onto the floor.

Bits of the meat was warm, so I have boiled and 'slow cooked' as much of it as I could (will be for the dogs) and have written the rest off.

Unbelievable - gutted :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #433164 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic AAAhhhggg
Thunda - no biggie if you have Household Contents insurance. You will be covered but may have a wee fight ahead if someone in your household pulled the plug. Why was the plug out? Think about it.

More
9 years 10 months ago #433166 by Thunda
Replied by Thunda on topic AAAhhhggg
ohh I never considered insurance.
I had moved the plug from it's usual socket to a double plug. It was plugged into the bottom bit of the double plug and had somehow worked it's way half out.
I guess maybe insurance won't like that. Hmmmmm

More
9 years 10 months ago #433176 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic AAAhhhggg
Obviously, the double plug failed. Don't sweat the hard stuff. You have insurance for a reason and in this case, there was no intention for your freezer full of meat to fail (as if?) when being plugged into your dual plug. It was unforseen and you did nothing intentially wrong. I have a really high standard for myself in moral outcomes and I don't lie and what you are saying is real. There was no intention to have this outcome so go with it and claim. Obviously, you will have an excess on the claim so bear that in mind as everyone has that set at different levels.

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds