Daft trademe questions

More
9 years 11 months ago #32339 by kai
Daft trademe questions was created by kai
I have an auction up at the moment for rocks that someone might like to use for landscaping. We want rid of them so the buy now price is $1
I have just been asked "are they heavy" erm they are rocks, what do you think?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #432220 by ronnie
Replied by ronnie on topic Daft trademe questions
Yes, but they are possibly asking are they rocks light enough to handle easily or do you need machinery to pick them up and put them on the trailer/truck.

More
9 years 11 months ago #432227 by muri
Replied by muri on topic Daft trademe questions
Because i sell on trade me for a living, I am continually bombarded with questions that in my mind can be rather irritating because the information is in the auction or the answer is obvious.
Just answer as politely as you can with as much info as you can.
Some people ask questions to wind people up as they have nothing else to do on a wet weekend, or some people are just not very clever at expressing what they really mean, as ronnie has said above.
just treat everyone as a really good potential customer, bite your lip and answer as best you can

More
9 years 11 months ago #432231 by spoook
Replied by spoook on topic Daft trademe questions
Not so daft, there is heaps between scoria rocks and basalt. [;)] Oh that you were closer...........

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

More
9 years 11 months ago #432232 by kai
Replied by kai on topic Daft trademe questions

ronnie;430666 wrote: Yes, but they are possibly asking are they rocks light enough to handle easily or do you need machinery to pick them up and put them on the trailer/truck.

there is also a photograph of them with solar garden lights dotted through them so you can guage the size.

More
9 years 11 months ago #432233 by kai

muri;430673 wrote:
just treat everyone as a really good potential customer, bite your lip and answer as best you can

I agree that is why posted here that I though he was daft. Nothing puts me off more than buying something than a sarcastic reply no matter how daft the question, people can easily miss a word in a description

More
9 years 11 months ago #432325 by LongRidge
Replied by LongRidge on topic Daft trademe questions
The important questions are "what are their names", and "will they be happy to go to a new home" ? An unhappy rock, especially without a name, could cause problems. I'm off to get stoned ..... :-)

More
9 years 11 months ago #432328 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic Daft trademe questions
Kai - I think you are being too sensitive. Without stating the subject (nothing to do with rocks) I have seen some totally nuts questions on TM auctions and the one thing that has always struck me is when a seller treats it as real and doesn't make a judgement. They just answer in black and white and leave it at that. Shuts up the idiots and answers the question for others who may be thinking the same thing but not asking the question. Good luck with your rocks!

More
9 years 11 months ago #432373 by kai
Didi, it is nothing about being sensitive, i just thought it was a hillarious thing to need to ask.

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds