Byeeeee

More
9 years 11 months ago #32289 by spoook
Byeeeee was created by spoook
No, I am not leaving for good...... I am off to Australia for a couple of weeks, leaving in a few hours. [:0]
Up until now I have remained calm and controlled, now I have come across that mental list of all the things I NEED to get done before I leave.
I now need another day.... or an army of runners and slaves.

Off to Gold Coast tonight, driving to Sarina, Mackay tomorrow staying with a girlfriend and her partner and going to ......do nothing.

Will pop in and say hi.....take care all and be good. [:X]

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #431631 by Sue
Replied by Sue on topic Byeeeee
Have a great trip Spook. It's much better when you get to sit on the plane and know you have done all you can to get where you are-so don't fret-ENJOY!

Sue
Labrador lover for yonks, breeder of pedigree Murray Grey cattle for almost as long, and passionate poultry person for more years than I care to count.

More
9 years 11 months ago #431640 by terralee
Replied by terralee on topic Byeeeee
How wonderful for you :) [8D] ..you deserve a well earned rest so get on the plane and relax[^]
Cheers

Leonie & Zoo!!! :silly: :woohoo:

More
9 years 11 months ago #431666 by jeannielea
Replied by jeannielea on topic Byeeeee
Hope your friends spoil you and you can just laze in the sun! Enjoy!

More
9 years 11 months ago #431667 by kate
Replied by kate on topic Byeeeee
Have a great time and come back fully rested and raring to go :D

Web Goddess

More
9 years 11 months ago #431672 by sarniagirl
Replied by sarniagirl on topic Byeeeee
Have a great time.
Try and behave :D

More
9 years 11 months ago #431699 by minnow
Replied by minnow on topic Byeeeee
Have a great time and a well deserved rest !!!!

Little fish, big pond [^]

More
9 years 11 months ago #431883 by spoook
Replied by spoook on topic Byeeeee
Geez, I am really here [:0] I am finding it hard to believe this is real.

I nearly missed the plane :eek:, was standing at the wrong loading gate. Of course my one was at the other end of the damn airport. :( This is where I found my hand baggage, my duty free and my well loaded handbag were bloody heavy.

Got there and was so relieved to see others waiting to board the plane. Phew!!!

Flight was good, got through customs with the frozen fish I was bringing, no problem, had to have my walking boots steam cleaned. Duh! I should have thought of that.

Stayed on Gold Coast for the night, did not get much sleep though, too excited. [;)]
Got up in the morning to see a pair of galah on the lawn opposite. [:0] OMG, out came the camera. (for those that don't know me, I have many aviaries and many birds, a couple of pair of galah included)

Was taken on a tour of Surfers then went back to collect bags and get on our way for the 12 hour drive to Sarina.
Not before we HAD to find Ikea. Thanks Kate [;)]
OMG!!!!! I could so blow my baggage allowance. Just bought a few little things, plus a few Ikea bags, will be great for groceries in the boot at supermarket.

Eventually we got on our way north, the adventure was starting...........

Arrive here in Sarina about 1.45am, straight to bed.
The weather here has been heavy rain for ages, woke up this morning to amazing blue skies and super hot sun.............. and birds taunting me from the trees and bushes. A kookaburra was kind enough to pose for me outside my bedroom window.
I can see it is going to be a great holiday.
Off to Mackay soon, to Sarina beach this afternoon and out to dinner tonight.
See you guys later.

L, I know you will look in [;)], I love and miss you. [:X][:I] It is going to be so easy for us to hop across when they are down at the new house at Clagiraba.

More
9 years 11 months ago #431884 by GrantK
Replied by GrantK on topic Byeeeee
It sounds wonderful Spoook, just the thing for a mid-winter tonic.
Hoping you have a fab time.

More
9 years 11 months ago #431885 by Cinsara
Replied by Cinsara on topic Byeeeee
Isn't the different wild life fabulous over there. When I lived there I walked across Centennial Park to work every day with galahs, sulphur crested cockatoos, kookaburra and the crows of course in abundance. We think our wood pigeon are big but a flock of sulphur crested taking off from, or landing in a group of trees tree is spectacular and VERY noisy :D .
My best and worst experience with local wildlife was on a bush walk:
BEST - a Goanna made an appearance across out path then sedately sauntered off to a nearby tree and climbed it, those things are MASSIVE and quite regal face to face.
WORST - a fire ant bit me on the big toe and they are so named for a very good reason, the little sods have steel traps for jaws because it took ages of hopping around thrashing my sweatshirt at my foot before it fell off, the ant that is :p

>

More
9 years 11 months ago #431896 by muri
Replied by muri on topic Byeeeee
Oh Galahs, much prettier and quieter than those raucous cockatoos.
My two are asking you to say 'gidday' to their cuzzie bros

More
9 years 11 months ago #431921 by terralee
Replied by terralee on topic Byeeeee
So glad you are having fun Spoook ...just don't miss the return flight ah[:0][;)]
Cheers

Leonie & Zoo!!! :silly: :woohoo:

More
9 years 11 months ago #432007 by spoook
Replied by spoook on topic Byeeeee
The sunrise this morning was amazing, the sky was on fire first then the flaming ball of the sun rose. Emotion raising.[:I]

Bren, my girlfriend, has mown the extensive lawns, Steve did some yesterday whilst we went for a walk on Sarina beach. So peaceful.
Whilst she was mowing, Steve, her partner, and I cleaned the house for an open home this morning.

Steve took me to a fishmarket yesterday. OMG!!![:0][:0][:0] Fresh cooked prawns, all to myself...Smyne, eat ya hearts out.

Then SHOPPING in the mall

Off to Airlie beach for a couple of nights very soon, amazing weather, clear blue skies, no clouds. Talk of baby wallabies :) , looks to be a real adventure.

L, house work here is so easy, so much in boxes ready for the move, so clear everywhere. Mmmm??? Big clean up and de-clutter when I get home [;)]

Attached files
File Attachment:

More
9 years 11 months ago #432192 by Belle Bosse
Replied by Belle Bosse on topic Byeeeee
Enjoy your holiday Spook. We have sunshine of the liquid variety over here!!

LOL... You're bringing back memories of home to this little Aussie!
Mmmm... the birds!! I can understand you getting excited. I used to have Budgerigars in an avairy, but to see a large flock flying free in the outback was a real treat. Seeing flocks of the Corellas, Galahs and red tailed black cockatoos etc in the wild is something special!
Enjoy your stay... the Whitsunday area is beautiful, and so much nicer if you go out sailing and snorkelling, even in mid winter!

More
9 years 11 months ago #432194 by Gallowaypye
Replied by Gallowaypye on topic Byeeeee
Thanks for the photo, looks blissful. We had a "high" of seven degrees today in Timaru, now it's only 3.5. Oh to be munching on a prawn in a t shirt ...Have a lovely time

Time to create page: 0.238 seconds