All Blacks in Raglan

More
10 years 4 days ago #32061 by billmckinstry
We visited Raglan CBD aprox 12:30hrs.

My wife was walking along the main street and noticed a group of men in shorts, looked up and nearly bumped into Richie.
Normally her camera is in her bag but not today :(
She shook Richie's hand so all was not lost.

Is the next game in Raglan ?? They will have to cut the grass and move the cattle.
I was in the supermarket (4 square) and was unaware of this historical event unfolding.

We had a long walk on Sunday. Stopped at a soccer game and took some photos of the Raglan Roosters playing a team in red. I guess not the same as All Black photos but it is Raglan after all.

As we left the local paparazzi were coming out of shops with their cameras, or iphones :D and heading for the pub.

If Raglan is on the news tonight I hope our Rates won't go up again[:0]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 days ago #428882 by skyline_glenn
Replied by skyline_glenn on topic All Blacks in Raglan
Bugga, we're a day too late. I'll be up in Raglan tomorrow evening for the rally. Staying at the campground on the Whaanga coast. Hows the weather up there, do we need to bring our thermals?

Glenn

More
10 years 4 days ago #428883 by Ashlee
Replied by Ashlee on topic All Blacks in Raglan
Last night we were out for dinner in Hamilton and the whole squad was having dinner. Felt a bit sorry for them because they were trying to eat and everybody was going over for photos/autographs and even people intercepting them on the way to the toilets for a chat.

More
10 years 4 days ago #428924 by billmckinstry
Replied by billmckinstry on topic All Blacks in Raglan

skyline_glenn;427032 wrote: Bugga, we're a day too late. I'll be up in Raglan tomorrow evening for the rally. Staying at the campground on the Whaanga coast. Hows the weather up there, do we need to bring our thermals?

We don't use thermals. Has "warmed" up now the rain arrived.
Good luck with the rally.
The road between Whatawhata and Raglan is full of rally drivers during commuter time. Worse drivers in NZ I reckon.:(

More
10 years 4 days ago #428926 by billmckinstry
Replied by billmckinstry on topic All Blacks in Raglan

Ashlee;427034 wrote: Last night we were out for dinner in Hamilton and the whole squad was having dinner. Felt a bit sorry for them because they were trying to eat and everybody was going over for photos/autographs and even people intercepting them on the way to the toilets for a chat.

Don't know what happened later in Raglan but when my wife saw them their fans were still at work and school.
If they had truned up on a sunny weekend day it would have been a different story.

Time to create page: 0.203 seconds