Dogs and snow

• Andrea
10 years 3 weeks ago #31951 by Andrea
Dogs and snow was created by Andrea
Every dog we've owned has loved the snow, usually from the first instant they experienced it. Wonder what it is about the snow that makes dogs so gleeful? We've had a lot of laughs the last couple of days, mostly over the puppy, since it's her first snow. She's also the first shedding dog we've ever owned, and the first dog who doesn't get snow caked all over her legs!

Took a wee bit of video today, and I will try to figure out how to upload it here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #427754 by Hawkspur
Replied by Hawkspur on topic Dogs and snow
Mine have all loved snow from the first step too :D !
They seem to love the feeling on their paws, whether the snow is crunchy or soft.They do that funny play hoon, where they hunch their back a little and scoot with a lot of sideways turns
I have noticed one doing it on the piles of very loose soil the digger has moved too...
That doesn't leave her quite as clean as the snow though...luckily her coat magically sheds dirt overnight.

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #427821 by 3 girls farming
Replied by 3 girls farming on topic Dogs and snow
my keeshond's went completely mental in the snow... probably the only time they didn't feel overheated... wonder to watch....

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #427875 by eelcat
Replied by eelcat on topic Dogs and snow
Our Lhasa Apsos who way back were born to live in colder climes, do not repeat do not go outside when it rains, because they will get, well wet, but last winter when it snowed, Max loved being out in the snow. Couldn't get enough of playtime in the huge drifts of snow.

1 Border collie, 1 Huntaway, 2 Lhasa Apsos, Suffolk and arapawa ewe crosses, an Arapawa ram,an East Friesian ewe , 5 cats, 42 ducks , 1 rooster and 30 hens, 5 geese, 12 goats, 2 donkeys, 2 house cows, one heifer calf, one bull calf, 3 rabbits and lots and lots and lots of fruit trees...

Time to create page: 0.183 seconds