Help with Yahoo Mail?

More
10 years 1 month ago #31858 by UsBlacksheep1
We're moving house and am transfering to another broadband provider..what I need (if its possible) is to take my "accounts" folder from Yahoo Mail and transfering it to my external hard drive..Is this possible and how?? :)

back on lifestyle block..so excited!..
Still have a full on Jack Russell,a Bischon X, Lilly cat,our new cat Fudge ,max the horse cat,plus 14 Barnevelders....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #426492 by billmckinstry
Replied by billmckinstry on topic Help with Yahoo Mail?
You access Yahoo mail via www. Changing Broadband supplier won't effect this.

More
10 years 1 month ago #426493 by UsBlacksheep1
Replied by UsBlacksheep1 on topic Help with Yahoo Mail?
Dont they shut your account down when you disconnect the service?

billmckinstry;424433 wrote: You access Yahoo mail via www. Changing Broadband supplier won't effect this.

back on lifestyle block..so excited!..
Still have a full on Jack Russell,a Bischon X, Lilly cat,our new cat Fudge ,max the horse cat,plus 14 Barnevelders....

More
10 years 1 month ago #426502 by GrantK
Replied by GrantK on topic Help with Yahoo Mail?

UsBlacksheep1;424434 wrote: Dont they shut your account down when you disconnect the service?

It depends on whom you signed up with. If it was Xtra, yes they do normally shut down your account unless you continue to pay a very small monthly fee.

However, if you signed up independently, there would be no reason for this to happen.

Personally, I would recommend Gmail. It has the best Spam filter in the business and is now much more widely used than Yahoo.

As for getting your old email folders copied across, I would suggest accessing them with Outlook or Thunderbird via POP3 if possible. Then you can simply drag and drop the folders to your local hard drive. I'm not sure if Yahoo lets you do that though ... Gmail does [^]

Live weather data and High/Low records for our farm at: www.keymer.name/weather

More
10 years 1 month ago #426547 by kai
Replied by kai on topic Help with Yahoo Mail?
Blacksheep, if you use yahoo for email - they are your email provider, therefore you will not be disconnecting them.
However if you are referring to an email address that you have been using via your internet provider, then the easiest way is forward them to yahoo or download them via something like outlook or outlook express (there are others).

Time to create page: 0.245 seconds