Help! Getting mating crayon off clothing

More
16 years 4 months ago #3182 by reggit
...and no, I haven't been jumped by Bob the ram! [:0][}:)]

Managed to lose my footing while stacking 4m lengths of fence railing in the barn and fell onto a mating harness with a bit of crayon on it, so now have a nice red mark on the butt of my only good pair of shorts (wasn't expecting to be doing hard yakka today so didn't change...)...as well as a great big bruise starting on my shin [V] (but at least I didn't let go of the wood [:I].

Anyhoo...any ideas on how to get this off my shorts? It is just like normal crayon, so anyone with kiddies who have drawn on themselves...can you recommend a removal method?

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 4 months ago #82328 by Isla
Leave it on there and explain to everyone you meet how you didn't (yeah, right) get it. [}:)]

More
16 years 4 months ago #82334 by kalnetta
Get rid of the ram!

View Hill Oxford ,23 ewes 2 lambs ,1 ram,, 1cat,the 2 of us,6 granddaughters,one grandson,2 surrogate granddaughters and one step grandson,poor boy.

More
16 years 4 months ago #82335 by kate
If you can't get it off then get other colour mating crayons and design a new pattern for your shorts [:P]

Web Goddess

More
16 years 4 months ago #82336 by Kiwi303
ring the wool company :D wool scourers have to be able to wash it off.

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

More
16 years 4 months ago #82337 by Gracelands
ROTFLMAO. That sure would take a bit of explaining away. Methinks the lady doth protest too much. :D[}:)]

Sorry, I'm no help at all on the crayon removal.

"Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom and a little flower."
Hans Christian Anderson

More
16 years 4 months ago #82342 by reggit
Ahhh you lot are no use at all! :(

Ended up using extremely hot water and soap to rub at it, and then into the washing machine (forgot to warn hubby, who then used the bathroom tap ouch! [:I]) and it seems to have got rid of it, so fingers crossed it will dry without leaving a grease shadow [V].

The bruise however is increasing in colour, have had to medicate with chocolate :D

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
16 years 4 months ago #82344 by Isla
I think you're trying to distract us with the bruise on your shin. What about the other ones you must have received while the crayon was getting on your shorts. Go on, tell! [}:)]

More
16 years 4 months ago #82346 by organicltd
according to the auzzie lady on radio live sat mornings, magnesium sulphate( epsom salts) is the answer to all and every type of stain removal.

Wine does not make you FAT it makes you LEAN...
....against tables, chairs, floors, walls and ugly people.

More
16 years 4 months ago #82347 by Isla

More
16 years 4 months ago #82351 by reggit
I have enough padding on my butt to prevent any bruising - caused by wood at least! [}:)]:D

More
16 years 4 months ago #82381 by The Kats Place
I was going to suggest standing in the paddock in the weather - the crayon seems to wear off the sheep eventually.

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

More
16 years 4 months ago #171237 by Prim
Tigger, if it hasn't come out completely, I think one trick is to use an iron {gasp} and plain brown paper. Put said paper over the stain and iron - the grease/oil/whatevaitis from the crayon gets soaked up by the paper.

I hate it when things like that happen!

More
16 years 4 months ago #171376 by Angie
I've tried the iron and brown paper thing - it worked well, but you could still see a shadow of where the mark was

Echo Ridge - Dexters, Sheepies and Labradors

"Don't wait for the light to appear at the end of the tunnel. Stride down there and light the bl**dy thing yourself!" - Sarah Henderson

More
16 years 4 months ago #172421 by jeannielea
Napisan or oxygen bleach (as from the eco store) work well on most things and the oxy bleach does take out crayon marks. Soak overnight, then rub area with Sard soap and wash as usual. but for most oily stains eucalytus is supposed to be great. Personally, I find the oxy bleach fantstic for almost all stains.

Time to create page: 0.197 seconds