Matress Protectors

More
10 years 1 month ago #31807 by Simkin
Matress Protectors was created by Simkin
Not because someone here is leaky ...

Our old ones are well and truly worn through and they don't make those ones anymore so it's time for new ones. I've had a look around and there are so many options. We don't use electric blankets so these don't need to be accommodated. I'd love to hear what has worked well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #425934 by Gallowaypye
Replied by Gallowaypye on topic Matress Protectors
I shall be interested to see what people say, as I replaced ours this year, with a truly horrible one from Briscos. It's meant to be fitted, but it's huge with nylon slippery sides. I loathe it. It bunches and slides, and was fairly expensive. Bloody thing.

More
10 years 1 month ago #425955 by Ruth
Replied by Ruth on topic Matress Protectors
I have a couple of Protect.A.Bed covers. The first has a quilted cover, the second, cheaper one is terry toweling. The Queen size one to fit the mattress doesn't cover down the sides and if it shifts slightly, the edge and sides of the mattress are then uncovered. I bought a King the second time, so it covers the sides of the mattress as well - it's a rounded sort of top to sides. It has that horrid nylon stuff, but doesn't cause us too much trouble - but we have a lovely squishy sort of latex mattress, so maybe we don't move around too much, or just don't notice if the cover moves a bit.

More
10 years 1 month ago #425959 by shad297
Replied by shad297 on topic Matress Protectors
I've got a slightly padded one about 2 years old, does the job, washes and dries easily BUT if I didn't have an electric blanket I would get a wool underlay as they keep you warm in winter and cool in summer. Or maybe just use it in the winter and a cotton one in summer. (I'm sure you can use them with elec. blankets)
Briscoes when they have sales (every fortnight or so) is a good place for deals.
To be honest I don't wash my mattress protector more than twice a year as it doesn't seem to need it, mind you if I start having hot flushes...............

Husband, two teenagers, Stanley & Jed the greyhounds, one quail (Hawkefrost), one budgie (Chaos) small productive surburban section.

More
10 years 1 month ago #425988 by Stikkibeek
Replied by Stikkibeek on topic Matress Protectors
I'd second the wool underlay, but a cheap substitute is a summer weight duvet inner. Comfortable to sleep on, you only need to buy the elastic to do the corners with. They have the advantage of being easy to wash and when they wear out, they make good dog/cat blankets!

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
10 years 1 month ago #426076 by Simkin
Replied by Simkin on topic Matress Protectors
Thank you. Will have a look at the woolen ones.

Time to create page: 0.187 seconds