Helpful TV info, size, type etc.

More
12 years 1 week ago #31684 by Rod Brown
I am not into promoting this company but I found this site very helpful in understanding the differences, maybe you might as well! :)

www.jbhifi.co.nz/tv-lcd-led-plasma/tv-buyers-guide/

Now sold block, of no fixed abode, building new house. Darling wife has passed 1 year ago.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 week ago #424656 by Organix
Our Loewe CRT TV gives a brilliant picture and with the little amount of television watching we do (particularly if TVNZ7 finishes) it could well last us a lifetime :)

I did find the comment of brighter (garish?) colours on LCD monitors interesting though as I do find that such TVs are better suited to animated and other such CG viewing content than the natural scenery that we more often watch.

Harm Less Solutions.co.nz
NZ & AU distributor of Eco Wood Treatment stains and Bambu Dru bamboo fabrics and clothing

More
12 years 1 week ago #424706 by GrantK

Organix;422410 wrote: Our Loewe CRT TV gives a brilliant picture...

How does it cope with Widescreen (16:9) pictures though?
That is usually the problem with CRTs, which are pretty much all 4:3. If the aspect ratio is correct, it means that you are missing 25% of the picture. Many people adjust their TV or STB to squash the widescreen picture down to 4:3, and in doing so end up with "skinny vision" where everything looks very tall and thin.

Organix;422410 wrote: I did find the comment of brighter (garish?) colours on LCD monitors interesting though as I do find that such TVs are better suited to animated and other such CG viewing content than the natural scenery that we more often watch.

It depends entirely on how the Contrast, Saturation and Colour Temperature is set up. In the shop they usually opt for very saturated colours to make the displays more eye-popping. In the process of course, the reproduction of natural scenery looks unnatural with over-saturated colours.

Live weather data and High/Low records for our farm at: www.keymer.name/weather

More
12 years 1 week ago #424719 by Organix

GrantK;422468 wrote: How does it cope with Widescreen (16:9) pictures though?

The Loewe is a 32" widescreen so copes with all formats, (without 'letterboxing' movies) :D

NZ & AU distributor of Eco Wood Treatment stains and Bambu Dru bamboo fabrics and clothing

More
12 years 1 week ago #424748 by billmckinstry
Our wides screen flat panel crt does a great job.
Takes a lot more space then the LCD/Plasma versions but until it :eek: it has a job here.

Great info site. Thanks.

I thought Sony stated a few years ago they would no longer produce Plasma screens ??

I guess LED/LCD is the near future.

More
12 years 1 week ago #424755 by Organix

billmckinstry;422516 wrote: ....
I thought Sony stated a few years ago they would no longer produce Plasma screens ??

The way Sony's trading recently that may apply to more than just plasma screens :rolleyes:

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds