They're Back!

More
11 years 10 months ago #426681 by Ruth
Replied by Ruth on topic They're Back!
Sister called me back and asking for Mrs X and then Mrs Y I told her I was not Mrs Anything and she hung up on me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #426705 by Xartep
Replied by Xartep on topic They're Back!

Blueberry;424633 wrote: Bugger, and now I blew my opportunity! I had all these nice scenarios of hanging onto them for as long as possible, but the timing was all wrong.

Was cooking dinner and dividing my attention between the News and the pots when the phone rang. When I heard "I am calling in regards to your computer..." all that came to mind was "Aww, hell, f**k off, you idiot!"

They did hang up rather fast.

:D :D :D that is what happened to me on Sunday night also. To tired to deal with them it was "F*** off you A**H***" from me.
Next time I am going to ask them what they tell their mother what they do for a job and if the truth makes her proud.[xx(]

I get lots of missed calls from unknown numbers so I am assuming my number is being dialed fairly regularly by their autodailer

3 Cocker Spaniels, 1 Huntaway, 3 Cats, Goats, Sheep, Pigs, Cows, Ducks, Chickens, Bunnies - small petting zoo?:rolleyes::cool:

More
11 years 10 months ago #426711 by Ruth
I bet the telephone fundraisers for legitimate organisations get short shrift from more people now that we're so regularly phoned by the ratbags.

More
11 years 10 months ago #426712 by kate
Replied by kate on topic They're Back!
I've never had one of these calls...one of the benefits of VOIP :D

Web Goddess

More
11 years 10 months ago #426713 by Ruth
My first were only in the last two weeks - the benefits of two surnames in the book, so it's not quite so simple to ask for the right name?

More
11 years 10 months ago #426865 by Stikkibeek
Replied by Stikkibeek on topic They're Back!
Something stinks about this! I'm not even a facebook subscriber!

Congratulations!!!
You have been selected as one (1) of (15) winners in this Months FACEBOOK ONLINE SPLASH PROMO selected from all Regions by our internet processing unit.Our fifteen (15) Winners have been selected from five continents currently Connected to the Face book network.
Award Attached to ticket number (5647600545189) and Ballot number (BLT: 12052006/20).

Your User name as the 5th beneficiary in this promo was Chosen at random by our Digital Random Internet Processing Service Asia Pacific (D.R.I.P.S) and your reward is coming from the interests generated from advertising and copyrights from the Face book network South Africa.Congratulations once again from FACEBOOK PROMO TEAM,you are entitled to a surprise package Worth the sum of $750,000. (Seven hundred and fifty Thousand dollars Only).

Contact Our DISTRICT Online Coordinator directly With the below information;

Mr Mikel Pong

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
11 years 10 months ago #426871 by eelcat
Replied by eelcat on topic They're Back!

Stikkibeek;424837 wrote: Something stinks about this! I'm not even a facebook subscriber!

Love it! :D

1 Border collie, 1 Huntaway, 2 Lhasa Apsos, Suffolk and arapawa ewe crosses, an Arapawa ram,an East Friesian ewe , 5 cats, 42 ducks , 1 rooster and 30 hens, 5 geese, 12 goats, 2 donkeys, 2 house cows, one heifer calf, one bull calf, 3 rabbits and lots and lots and lots of fruit trees...

More
11 years 10 months ago #427270 by Farmer53
Replied by Farmer53 on topic They're Back!
just had The Call. i used the apple mac when she ask what can i see, then she hung up. I was just starting to have fun. the number on the call dispaly was 0123456789. :D

More
11 years 10 months ago #427281 by eelcat

Farmer53;425278 wrote: just had The Call. i used the apple mac when she ask what can i see, then she hung up. I was just starting to have fun. the number on the call dispaly was 0123456789. :D

I've had a call from that number before - do they no think we can work out things?

1 Border collie, 1 Huntaway, 2 Lhasa Apsos, Suffolk and arapawa ewe crosses, an Arapawa ram,an East Friesian ewe , 5 cats, 42 ducks , 1 rooster and 30 hens, 5 geese, 12 goats, 2 donkeys, 2 house cows, one heifer calf, one bull calf, 3 rabbits and lots and lots and lots of fruit trees...

More
11 years 10 months ago #427317 by BRL
Replied by BRL on topic They're Back!
I get the occasional targeted spam email, which seems to relate to my email address appearing on the contractor listing on the Fencing Contractors Association website. Got this one today ...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Hello ,

I am rev.Martin and would like to make a purchase below for a
church project.

colorbond corrugated sheet custom orb 0.42mm, 1800 ft, manor red
150 sheets

Kindly send me a return e-mail on what you currently have in stock
and what you can offer with prices and availability.

God bless you
Rev.Martin
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

You'd have to be awfully freakin gullible to respond ...

More
11 years 10 months ago #427327 by eelcat
Ditto - for our accommodation business we sometimes get requests for 21 or 30 days for three people (or however many) - targeted spam.

Time to create page: 0.137 seconds