They're Back!

More
12 years 1 week ago #425044 by Stikkibeek
Replied by Stikkibeek on topic They're Back!

theotherphoenix;422819 wrote: Tip for the busy and impatient (like me). Call centers like that are almost always on an auto-dialler which takes a couple of seconds to put you through to the next available operater when you answer your phone.

So I pick up, say "hello", count to two and if no one has replied by then, I hang up. Don't ever repeat the "hello?" because they'll be online by then. I've only had to speak to local charity callers and people I actually know since I started doing that. I have yet to have any friends mention that I hang up on them all the time. :D

That's a good one. I've noticed there's a delay before I get an answer. I'll be on the ball next time.

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 days ago #425336 by Stikkibeek
This is a good one.

Westpac Online Banking E-Mail Address Change Notification.
To Verify Your Identity, click : INTERNET BANKING
and confirm your account balance here: ACCOUNT BALANCE

I'm not that daft! :D

More
12 years 5 days ago #425341 by eelcat
Replied by eelcat on topic They're Back!

Stikkibeek;423156 wrote: This is a good one.

Westpac Online Banking E-Mail Address Change Notification.
To Verify Your Identity, click : INTERNET BANKING
and confirm your account balance here: ACCOUNT BALANCE

I'm not that daft! :D

They really do take the cake don't they!

1 Border collie, 1 Huntaway, 2 Lhasa Apsos, Suffolk and arapawa ewe crosses, an Arapawa ram,an East Friesian ewe , 5 cats, 42 ducks , 1 rooster and 30 hens, 5 geese, 12 goats, 2 donkeys, 2 house cows, one heifer calf, one bull calf, 3 rabbits and lots and lots and lots of fruit trees...

More
12 years 4 days ago #425411 by jimminette
Replied by jimminette on topic They're Back!
We used to live in a factory in a street full of factories and we used to get real estate agents phoning that they were going to be in our street on a certain day valuing houses and did we want them to call in. went strangely silent when I told them we lived in a leased factory. The phone callers with accents hang up pretty quick when you tell them you can't understand them over and over again.

More
12 years 3 days ago #425452 by RaeM1
Replied by RaeM1 on topic They're Back!
WE have been getting quite a few phone calls where the phone rings for a few times, when you answer it there is only quiet on the other end of the phone. I have caller ID and its always a private number, It seems to happen about 3.45 every few days. I wonder if its anyone trying to find out if you are home?? Also had an interesting thing happen a few days ago, big old cream 1990 approx mistibitsy 4 wheel drive comes up our long drive with 3 dark big fellas in it, all wearing fluro vests. One gets out and hands us a card which states that they buy trucks, and old machinery, so we say we have no machinery to sell, and we dont have any trucks to sell either. Anyway the card they left only had 3 mobile numbers, on it, and the email address was a hotmail address. So I dropped in it to the local cops. (pity we did not get their vehicle number). cop looked at card put phone numbers in and none corresponded to the persons name on the card (it was only a first name) There was no address for the truck buying company, so if anyone gets a simular visit, please try to get car number, and the Dinsdale cops will be delighted to hear from you. Thanks everyone.

More
12 years 2 days ago #425575 by Stikkibeek
We had a similar visit from some dodgy looking characters who claimed they were looking to buy scrap metal. Neighbour challenged them and told them to ...Off! She was going to take their rego, but as the vehicle drove away, she noticed it had no rear number plate.
We believe they were casing and looking for farm equipment they could pilfer from implement sheds. There's a good market for that sort of stuff through TM.

More
12 years 2 days ago #425596 by RaeM1
Stikkibeek, can you ask your neighbour to contact the cops at Hamilton, Dinsdale community centre 07 8468055, ask for Roshni, leave a message if you dont get her next week, this is important, as the cops are quite worried about this lot of blokes, and want to get as much information as possible!! The fact that they are visiting other areas is interesting, We did not notice the number plate when they left, and that may be why!! Anyone else getting a visit from these likely lads, please get as much information as possible!! Thanks.

More
12 years 2 days ago #425602 by Stikkibeek

RaeM1;423443 wrote: Stikkibeek, can you ask your neighbour to contact the cops at Hamilton, Dinsdale community centre 07 8468055, ask for Roshni, leave a message if you dont get her next week, this is important, as the cops are quite worried about this lot of blokes, and want to get as much information as possible!! The fact that they are visiting other areas is interesting, We did not notice the number plate when they left, and that may be why!! Anyone else getting a visit from these likely lads, please get as much information as possible!! Thanks.

She has reported it to the Papakura police. She is diligent and aware, as she worked as a civilian with the police for many years. She was partly responsible for capturing a gang of rural thieves about 18 months ago.

More
12 years 2 days ago #425620 by billmckinstry
Replied by billmckinstry on topic They're Back!
We know of a property on a side road near Raglan that recently lost a Trailer. Thieves took it from a 1.8km long drive way!!
May have been the same group?

More
12 years 1 day ago #425758 by RaeM1
That is possible, I think I will put something on Farming on Trademe as well!!

More
11 years 11 months ago #425985 by Ruth
Replied by Ruth on topic They're Back!
I'm pretty sure I've just had a call from one of these creeps. "Sean Wilson" from "Creative Solutions" wanting to talk to Mrs ... I would never use Mrs as part of my name and as he had both surnames for this household, I presume he was using the telephone directory listing. I told him he'd have to call me back in an hour. I wonder if he will.

Sean Wilson seems an unlikely name for a guy with a thick Indian accent.

More
11 years 11 months ago #425986 by Stikkibeek

Ruth;423875 wrote:

Sean Wilson seems an unlikely name for a guy with a thick Indian accent.

Yes, isn't it. But then his name was Daniel when he rang me! :p

More
11 years 11 months ago #425991 by Ruth
Replied by Ruth on topic They're Back!
You mean they're brothers?

More
11 years 11 months ago #426574 by Stikkibeek
They have a sister tonight! Her name is Nancy. At least she was easier to understand, as in more correct English, so I certainly hope she understood me when I gave her the "message". Grrrr! Mutters threatening words under breath!

At least I had the satisfaction of hanging up first this time! :D

More
11 years 11 months ago #426676 by Blueberry
Replied by Blueberry on topic They're Back!
Bugger, and now I blew my opportunity! I had all these nice scenarios of hanging onto them for as long as possible, but the timing was all wrong.

Was cooking dinner and dividing my attention between the News and the pots when the phone rang. When I heard "I am calling in regards to your computer..." all that came to mind was "Aww, hell, f**k off, you idiot!"

They did hang up rather fast.

[;)] Blueberry
treading lightly on mother earth

Time to create page: 0.254 seconds