Email hosting

More
10 years 1 month ago #31643 by spoook
Email hosting was created by spoook
Can anyone help me, one of the companies I work for has a useless host. It is too hard to get hold of him when there is an issue and it takes far too long to resolve it. ......blah.....blah.

So...... I need an email host, I am just about to get my domain udai so can move when I find the right one. Anyone got experience or ideas and costs?

We need to keep the same address we currently have.

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #424221 by RaeM1
Replied by RaeM1 on topic Email hosting
I would recommend my host, Planet here in hamilton, Richard Lammus is fantastic, also hosts my web site as well!! This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. hope that helps, Rae ps any problems, he sorts out really quickly if he cannot sort it he knows who to contact.

More
10 years 1 month ago #424238 by GrantK
Replied by GrantK on topic Email hosting
If you just want an email server, then it's hard to beat Gmail. We have talked about this many times haven't we [;)]

Once you have the UDAI from whichever company hosts your domain, you need to get them to route all email from your domain to some Gmail accounts that you set up -- one for each address in front of the @ symbol.

All of the Gmail side of things is free, but you will have to continue paying somebody to be your domain host. If you don't like your current provider, I can recommend a good yet very economical one in the US. However, this won't be any good for a .nz domain. If that's the case, I've not heard anything bad about Planet, so probably a good idea to give them a try as RaeM1 suggested.

Live weather data and High/Low records for our farm at: www.keymer.name/weather

More
10 years 1 month ago #424281 by Scuba_Steve
Replied by Scuba_Steve on topic Email hosting
I'm with Webbase & Hosting Direct.
Webbase have been pretty good with support, never used Hosting Direct's support yet so can't speak for theirs. But their services are fairly cheap

Science is but an organized system of ignorance

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds