Thoughts?

More
11 years 11 months ago #31547 by minnow

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #423448 by kate
Replied by kate on topic Thoughts?
He obviously loves Dolly but sheep should be with other sheep. If he has $60,000 to spend fighting the regulations then he had the money to provide Dolly with a more 'normal' life.

When it becomes all about the owner it's a problem. We become very attached to animals but we shouldn't be blinded to the animals best interests or put ours first. Our responsibility is to do our best by our animals, not by ourselves.

Just my 2cw
Kate

Web Goddess

More
11 years 11 months ago #423484 by 3 girls farming
Replied by 3 girls farming on topic Thoughts?
poor thing needs to be shorn...

More
11 years 11 months ago #423512 by Farmer53
Replied by Farmer53 on topic Thoughts?

3 girls farming;421066 wrote: poor thing needs to be shorn...

That the only thing i can see it needs it wool off, dont see any need for sheep company.

More
11 years 11 months ago #423514 by igor
Replied by igor on topic Thoughts?
Council should pull it's head in.

More
11 years 11 months ago #423560 by Farmer53
Replied by Farmer53 on topic Thoughts?

igor;421100 wrote: Council should pull it's head in.

agreed on that,

More
11 years 11 months ago #423562 by Kiwi303
Replied by Kiwi303 on topic Thoughts?
Loves his sheep, how very Australian! I hope he wears protection!

A little more seriously, 60,000 plus whatever the council had to spend? Ridiculous! Besides, it's only one sheep, it's not like he has a flock. One sheep is a pet, 20 sheep are livestock.

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

More
11 years 11 months ago #423564 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic Thoughts?
Someone needs to advise the owner that Dolly needs shearing but apart from that, leave them alone.

Did anyone else notice that Dolly went right when the owner went left but food was the motivation. I know here in NZ there is a limit on how long you can have a sheep in your yard (i.e. raising a lamb for calf club) but unless the neighbours are complaining (didn't see the entire programme) leave them alone! Hell we can BBQ dogs in the country whereas these are owners who genuinely love their "pet"... and I think the Pet tag was fairly obvious. Not intended for the BBQ.

More
11 years 11 months ago #423676 by SarahM
Replied by SarahM on topic Thoughts?
I'd be more happy to have a sheep living next door than a barking dog. But yes, it is a hell of a lot of money the owner has spent! [:0]

5 acres, husband, daughter, son, me, about 12 sheep and their lambs, currently no ram (yay!), 2 Galloways, about 35 chooks, 3 cats and 2 budgies.

More
11 years 11 months ago #423717 by minnow
Replied by minnow on topic Thoughts?
I thought it was an insane amount of money to take an obviously happy (baaa shearing) sheep and owner to court. Really the only option they would have if they removed Dolly (11) would be to put her down or try and rehome but as she no longer thinks she is a sheep I think rehoming would be difficult. At her age and as all the neighbours are seemingly happy what are the council doing?

Little fish, big pond [^]

Time to create page: 0.126 seconds