I love it!

More
12 years 1 month ago #422571 by muri
Replied by muri on topic I love it!
Poor duck!
Dont know how you can take 42 degrees but you are obviously a stickler for enjoyment
My spa is my one real luxury in life.
I am wondering if you can use something like the ioniser in the water just floating there to help keep the water clean so you dont have to empty and fill?
Yes great night sleeps afterwards.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #422576 by Hawkspur
Replied by Hawkspur on topic I love it!
It isn't as simple as ionising or treating with chemicals to keep spa water clean. Part of the spa pool cleaner gets rid of fats/oils.
I have seen the big cleaners on public spa pools and they remove a lot of sweated oil from the water. Some things you really don't want to think about when enjoying a spa really.[xx(]

More
12 years 1 month ago #422630 by terralee
Replied by terralee on topic I love it!

Kate;420023 wrote: Thanks...you keep the sandflies out by keeping yourself underwater :D

Grant, our builder tells us we should be able to move in at the end of next month and I can't wait. This hut is fine in summer but not a lot of fun in winter...

As for my birthday. I can't believe that I'm about to reach 50. I don't feel any differently than I did ten years ago, or twenty. I guess it's the same for everyone, I'm sure my mother doesn't feel 74 either.

I think we all have an 'instinctive' age that we feel we are - if I was woken from a very deep sleep and someone demanded to know my age I think I'd say 37.

Oh well, at least as my body starts giving out I'll have a tub to relax in.

(tub is at 23C and rising)

Cheers
Kate

Sorry Kate ...it's all down hill once you hit 50[:0]after 6years of being in them[:I] I have decided to have no more birthdays[^]....cos' I am running out of things to go wrong, break down. give up the ghost :( and society is also against me now ...the Vets and the Doctors all look like they are wagging school ...along with policemen, soldiers and everyone in authority:rolleyes:
woe is me :D [;)] ...just kidding (sort of) .....50 is apparently the new 30:eek:
Happy 50th Birthday.....and many many more :p
Cheers

Leonie & Zoo!!! :silly: :woohoo:

More
12 years 1 month ago #422734 by jeannielea
Replied by jeannielea on topic I love it!
C'mon, there's nothing wrong with being 50 or over. Yes everything starts to ache more and break down more and you need to visit the doctor more often but its time to stop thinking about what you eat and just enjoy what you like and when, time to remember that red wine is good for you, time to let others do stuff you are perfectly able to do but they like to help us oldies, time to smile sweetly and ask for discount in a lot of places, and best of all you're getting closer to 65 when you finally get something back from your taxes AND you get a Gold Card for even more discounts!! (Yes I know the last two might be different when you get up there but you need to aim high) Happy Birthday Kate and enjoy the wine and cake while you are in the spa!! Oh yes,and mozzies only like sweet meat.

More
12 years 1 month ago #422939 by Simkin
Replied by Simkin on topic I love it!
A very happy birthday from me down here in Quakechurch, too.

Regarding re-using spa-pool water: We haven't got a spa pool but we used to have a small splasher pool for the kids. With a daily water allocation of 2000l there was no way we could empty it every 3 or so days. So we used it when we didn't need sunscreen - keeps the oily stuff out of the water. And we syphoned off whatever settled at the bottom before every use and topped up with fresh water. We also covered it with a black foil when not in use so no green algae grew.

As only our kids and us used it, hygiene wasn't an issue. It felt so much more refreshing without chemicals, too.

Enjoy it, Kate!

More
12 years 1 month ago #422971 by kai
Replied by kai on topic I love it!
I would love one you can heat by woodfire, I am trying to plan a kiwi bath in our new garden. we had a spa at the last place and brought it with us, but now it sits languishing in the garage unused as I don't like the cost of running it or the chlorine that you need, or cleaning out the filter.

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds