Anyone used a Shower Dome?

• Andrea
10 years 2 months ago #31451 by Andrea
Anyone used a Shower Dome? was created by Andrea
www.showerdome.co.nz/

I'm SO sick of water pouring down the walls after showers, even though the window is open... has anyone used one of these, and if so what kind of success have you had? Is it as good as it sounds? Does it really stop steam/condensation?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #422388 by Megan
Replied by Megan on topic Anyone used a Shower Dome?
Haven't got one myself but have several friends who have had them fitted, they say " MARVELLOUS! "

Megan

The nice part about living in a small town is that when you don't know what you are doing, someone else does.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

More
10 years 2 months ago #422396 by Aria
Replied by Aria on topic Anyone used a Shower Dome?
Yep, there was one in a B&B we stayed at .... unbelieveable ... yes, they REALLY work!!! Wonderful invention.

More
10 years 2 months ago #422401 by Scuba_Steve
I'm halfway through painting the bathroom, & we've used a "poor mans" version while we're doing it.
It works well like it's supposed to the water stays in the shower & best thing is you can see the mirror upon getting out :)

If you want to test the results 1st the "poor mans" version like ours it's cheap & easy to setup, ours has been going strong for 6mths now (taking a bit longer than expected to paint the bathroom)
Just need some waterproof plastic sheeting (we used the painting drop sheet) & some duct tape then just tape the plastic to the top of the shower, it's not an elegant or perfect solution but it does work & will show you pretty much what to expect with the actual product

Science is but an organized system of ignorance

More
10 years 2 months ago #422445 by Andrea1
Replied by Andrea1 on topic Anyone used a Shower Dome?
Thanks! I posted this question on the TMMB as well, and read nothing but good about them from all the replies. They're not even that dear for the good that they do. Will be very nice not to have wet walls after the teens are done in the shower! Oh, wait. I only have one teen now. And a 20-yr-old.. GAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH. That makes you feel old. [:0]

More
10 years 2 months ago #422458 by oskatd
Replied by oskatd on topic Anyone used a Shower Dome?
I have used a shower with one and found the mirror still fogged up from the steam escaping when you open the door....

More
10 years 2 months ago #422466 by bevhawkins
We installed one in our sons bathroom and its great, no condensation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #422517 by GrantK
Replied by GrantK on topic Anyone used a Shower Dome?

oskatd;419931 wrote: I have used a shower with one and found the mirror still fogged up from the steam escaping when you open the door....

I've never understood why more people don't install heated mirrors. It's so easy to do when you order a new vanity or cupboard unit, and costs very little extra. No additional wiring is required if you connect the heated mirror up to the lights above the mirror. Easy peasy [8D]

More
10 years 2 months ago #422536 by shad297
Replied by shad297 on topic Anyone used a Shower Dome?
I suggested my friend install one in her new house as she had a problem with her downstairs shower dripping water down the walls etc and she was getting fed up wiping the walls each time. Anyway she said it's marvellous and not bad for less than $285.

Our potential builder (for bathroom) also recommended them and had one at home.
When we finally renovate our bathroom we will get one too!!

Husband, two teenagers, Stanley & Jed the greyhounds, one quail (Hawkefrost), one budgie (Chaos) small productive surburban section.

More
10 years 2 months ago #422539 by muri
Replied by muri on topic Anyone used a Shower Dome?
bit hard to install if you have a shower over your bath.
small extractor fans can be quite useful though too for taking out all the steam

More
10 years 2 months ago #422543 by GrantK
Replied by GrantK on topic Anyone used a Shower Dome?
Extractor fans still take quite a while to clear a mirror because if you have them running while you're in the shower, it's usually too draughty. Having a fan and a heated mirror is the best of both worlds [^]

More
10 years 2 months ago #422553 by 4trees
Replied by 4trees on topic Anyone used a Shower Dome?
Hi, our son installed two in his house when they built, it also saved on putting tiles etc above the top of the shower to the ceiling as he had a 10ft stud. We just wall papered and it is now been up 3 years, no mould on the wallpaper and just like new. The main thing is you are supposed to dust them on the top with a feather duster, no chemicals etc or clothes. Cheers.

Cheers
http:treeandshrub.co.nz

More
10 years 2 months ago #422556 by Simkin
Replied by Simkin on topic Anyone used a Shower Dome?
We haven't got one but stayed at a holiday home last summer where they had one. Our eldest son was not impressed - he had to bend down as it was too low for him to fit in. And I wasn't impressed because the door didn't quite close when he was trying to fit in so water everywhere on the floor.

But for us non-height-challenged family members it was quite nice. However, I don't care about a foggy mirror.

More
10 years 2 months ago #422561 by Shropshire Blue

More
10 years 2 months ago #422765 by wandering free
Had one for years, great, yes a slight mist on the mirror but no mold on the walls and that's what matters.

Just me and the cat now, on 2 acres of fruit and veg + hazel nuts, macadamia, chestnuts and walnuts,
www.youtube.com/user/bandjsellars?feature=mhee

Time to create page: 0.229 seconds