Can't login remotely to email.

More
10 years 2 months ago #31440 by Rod Brown
I do work occasionally on another computer (doing emails) I always used to be able to login from home and do some work from here but recently we changed the user name and password on the other computer and I can no longer access it from home.

I know I am entering the right address and password from home. When I am on this other computer I have to enter the password and all is good.

I and others have been able to access their account from my computer!

Thanks. :confused:

Now sold block, of no fixed abode, building new house. Darling wife has passed 1 year ago.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #422324 by Seaside
Have you tried using your old user name and password on your home computer? I work from home using a VPN and I find that when I change my work password, the next time I log on from home (which is alwasy) I have to use the old password and then somehow my work end communicates to my home end and I can use the new password.

I'm technologically inept so I can't explain why or whether my experience is even remotely relevant to yours, but it may be worth a go?

Kids, beasts, and chillies in Swannanoa South.
www.farmaway.co.nz

More
10 years 2 months ago #422333 by Rod Brown
Eureka Seaside right on the money thank you. I admit I did think about the old password but couldn't remember it so I had to do quite a bit of searching to find it so I could use it. :)

At this point only the old word works may be that is because the other computer is off and can't communicate!!! At least I'm most of the way there and it gives me something to work with.

Thanks again

Now sold block, of no fixed abode, building new house. Darling wife has passed 1 year ago.

More
10 years 2 months ago #422420 by Seaside
Glad it worked Rod :) I'm useless at understanding technology - often have my IT husband rolling his eyes and sighing deeply - but I am persistent and will try 1001 ways to fix it myself until it works. Without understanding why it did.

Kids, beasts, and chillies in Swannanoa South.
www.farmaway.co.nz

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds