Coke (Cola) kills woman

More
11 years 10 months ago #422050 by SarahM
Replied by SarahM on topic Coke (Cola) kills woman
Not long after the lady died, the Coke representatives had to lift their security. The husband in this case made threats against Coca Cola workers - ie people restocking coke machines etc. For a while the coke workers had to drive unmarked cars.

Apparently the woman in this case was drinking only Coke and not eating much, if anything. You could just about choose any food and try and live on that one food indefinitely.... but somewhere along the line you are going to become malnourished.

5 acres, husband, daughter, son, me, about 12 sheep and their lambs, currently no ram (yay!), 2 Galloways, about 35 chooks, 3 cats and 2 budgies.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #422270 by Blueberry
Replied by Blueberry on topic Coke (Cola) kills woman
these are all good and well arguments for reasonable people - did anyone in that worried family of hers think of sending her to a dietician? or give her doctor a tip-off? if the hubby is so convinced that Coke killed her - why did he not put his foot down earlier?

[;)] Blueberry
treading lightly on mother earth

More
11 years 10 months ago #422306 by stephclark
Replied by stephclark on topic Coke (Cola) kills woman
emm again we only get whats in the paper.. but this playing the blame game irks me somewhat.. coca cola did not force this lady to drink that much coke, or smoke 30 cigs a day or skip meals..i agree with the earlier poster, where were her family when it came to helping her ( apparant ) addicted mind make better choices?
no point blaming the manufacturer.. its not the gun makers fault if you point it at your head and pull trigger..
or am i assuming that people actually understand that coke is full of sugar and caffeine and that the body can only deal with just so much of that before it stops?

More
11 years 10 months ago #422339 by Crusha
Replied by Crusha on topic Coke (Cola) kills woman
now now stephclark you can't have people exercising self responsibility these days surely. You have to remember it's always someones else's fault or "an ...ism made me do it" / sarc off.

More
11 years 10 months ago #422347 by shad297
Replied by shad297 on topic Coke (Cola) kills woman
Silly mare - sorry don't feel much sympathy for her idiotic actions. It is sad for her family though but as mentioned by other posters if you are going to overdose on something, be it alcohol, drugs, nicotine, carrots, water etc etc what do you expect will eventually happen?

I've never liked the stuff so never have it in the house.

Husband, two teenagers, Stanley & Jed the greyhounds, one quail (Hawkefrost), one budgie (Chaos) small productive surburban section.

More
11 years 10 months ago #422349 by Cinsara
Replied by Cinsara on topic Coke (Cola) kills woman
And the partner is suing coke....surprise surprise, nasty business but he needs to shoulder more of the blame than coke does.

>

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate!

Time to create page: 0.137 seconds