Monsanto to sue States for GMO labeling.

More
10 years 2 months ago #31321 by RhodeRed
Seems Monsanto is spitting its corporate dummy and throwing all its poison toys out of the cot over individual states in the US begining to pass law to label food if it has GMO content.

The whole market for GMO basically perpetuates on consumers NOT knowing what is in product.
Is there ANY other product that goes out of its way to NOT visibly promote itself to the end user in some way - apart from GMO tainted product?

Quite bizarre to see Monsanto so out in the open like this, a corporation taking on a government that is for once merely enacting the will of its people.

rt.com/usa/news/monsanto-sue-gmo-vermont-478/

www.care2.com/causes/monsanto-threatens-...ing-bill-passes.html

www.dailypaul.com/224781/monsanto-threat...g-food-to-be-labeled

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #421094 by Simkin
In Monsanto's canteen is a framed assurance that no GMO ingredients are used in the preparation of the food served.

Monsanto already won a court case years ago deeming that the rights to any GMO crop that has occurred through cross pollination on any property belongs to them thus enabling them to demand such crops destroyed. Many Canadian farmers have lost their livelihoods to this. Most US Farmers just give in and grow GMO crops, too, sourcing their seeds from Monsanto.

More
10 years 2 months ago #421180 by Stikkibeek
Think I read somewhere that Monsanto took over an Irish company that guaranteed heritage grain for Indian Dahl bread. This had been a long standing arrangement to protect the seed from natural catastrophe. When Monsanto tried to take ownership of the grain which came with the company they bought, the Indian Government moved to block them, citing ownership of the staple grain. The Indian Government won.

They have done a lot of harm to traditional crop growers in the Philippines too, suing farmers whose crops have been contaminated by Monsanto meddling.

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
10 years 2 months ago #421182 by charlotte1

Simkin;418382 wrote: In Monsanto's canteen is a framed assurance that no GMO ingredients are used in the preparation of the food served.

QUOTE]

I read somewhere that the Monsanto CEO ate organic food.

More
10 years 2 months ago #421189 by Organix
The DVD One Man, One Cow, One Planet which covers Peter Proctor's progress in introducing organic / biodynamic principles to Indian farmers includes the social and financial disaster that GE crops and corporate agriculture is responsible for [:0]

This DVD and Peter's message are inspirational and brilliant :)

Harm Less Solutions.co.nz
NZ & AU distributor of Eco Wood Treatment stains and Bambu Dru bamboo fabrics and clothing

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds