Going a blueberrying!

More
14 years 6 months ago #82365 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic Going a blueberrying!
I'm not ready for bottling yet, this is my first real foray in putting food aside for the season :D The thought of hot stoves this summer was a bit too much too...maybe next year.

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #82378 by The Kats Place
I tend to freeze the fruit and make the jams/marmalades when the weather cools off or on a rainy day, or when sugar is on special.

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

More
14 years 6 months ago #170906 by reggit
TKP, can you get sugar in bulk at places like Bin Inn? If so, might be cheaper per kg...

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
14 years 6 months ago #171312 by ardnas
Replied by ardnas on topic Going a blueberrying!

tigger;141813 wrote: TKP, can you get sugar in bulk at places like Bin Inn? If so, might be cheaper per kg...

Tigger,

Can you just bowl up anytime during the day? Guess early is better with regard to the sun/heat.

Cheers

PS. Does my new signature show up? I saved it but can't see it. :confused:

More
14 years 6 months ago #171313 by reggit
Yes, Madwoman, it's showing [}:)]

It looks like next weekend might be their last, so get in quick - just bowl up to the reception/office on Jary Road and they'll weigh your containers and give you a map of which rows you can pick - then you drive down the road until you find the rows (really well marked) and get stuck in.

Suggest earlier in the morning the better, we finished at 10am and it was already getting unpleasantly hot/sunny [;)]

More
14 years 6 months ago #171320 by ardnas

ardnas;142246 wrote: Tigger,

Can you just bowl up anytime during the day? Guess early is better with regard to the sun/heat.

Cheers

PS. Does my new signature show up? I saved it but can't see it. :confused:

Murphy's Law - it's showing up now!:o:eek::o

More
14 years 6 months ago #171353 by ardnas

tigger;142247 wrote: Yes, Madwoman, it's showing [}:)]

It looks like next weekend might be their last, so get in quick - just bowl up to the reception/office on Jary Road and they'll weigh your containers and give you a map of which rows you can pick - then you drive down the road until you find the rows (really well marked) and get stuck in.

Suggest earlier in the morning the better, we finished at 10am and it was already getting unpleasantly hot/sunny [;)]

Do you know what is the earliest you can arrive? :D We are v. early risers in this house (hubby out on the road on his bike by 5am EVERY morning[xx(][:0]:eek:)

Cool, this is just the job for wee fingers and young backs[}:)] . I shall be the supervisor[}:)] :D

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds