Christchurch Restaurants

More
11 years 10 months ago #31243 by SarahM
We are visiting Chch at Easter. We would like to visit some of our old favourite restaurants. I am aware that some remain where they always were, some have set up new premises, and some restaurants haven't made a reappearance.

Would like to support our old favourite restaurants - so can someone tell me how to find them?

I love Winnie Bagoes, and I'm aware they have set up somewhere else - not sure where.

Tulsi and Aroy Thai are my other favs. Last I heard Aroy Thai was looking for new premises.

Topkapi Turkish restaurant is another favourite and I know of their new premises.

Any help appreciated. Feel so sorry for the restauranteurs - some of whom knew us by name. I often find myself wondering how they are getting on.

5 acres, husband, daughter, son, me, about 12 sheep and their lambs, currently no ram (yay!), 2 Galloways, about 35 chooks, 3 cats and 2 budgies.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #420221 by Andrea1
Replied by Andrea1 on topic Christchurch Restaurants
I haven't a clue. Post your query on the Chch quake page of the TM message boards. THey are really helpful there, and I've found lots of answers I needed with regard to the topsy turviness of Chch over the last year.

More
11 years 10 months ago #420310 by Seaside
Replied by Seaside on topic Christchurch Restaurants
You can get Winnie Bagoes in Ferrymead: www.winniebagoes.co.nz/ferrymead-gourmet-pizza

As far as I know, Tulsi hasn't reopened in ChCh yet (but has outlets in Wellington). They were right in the thick of it. Shame, they had lovely food.

It's all a bit weird here at the moment with local businesses suddenly been shut over the last couple of months (due to building safety) or popping up in new places. No Asian Food Warehouse yet (previously in Salisbury St). In Rangiora half the High Street is shut down or cordoned off. I tried to get to Morehouse Ave via Durham Street last week. Don't know what I was thinking, I ended up driving in circles several time.

Barbadoes Street is open all the way along, as is Bealey Ave and Morehouse Ave and you can get along St Asaph Street. The container mall in Cashel Street is worth a visit, though we had a bit of a shake when I was there (23 December), but the bonus is lots of parking and open spaces, and the retailers are hanging on in there, including Ballentynes, so it's nice to support them.

Kids, beasts, and chillies in Swannanoa South.
www.farmaway.co.nz

More
11 years 10 months ago #420425 by Hawkspur
Replied by Hawkspur on topic Christchurch Restaurants
Sorry I can't help either.I have been to one restaurant since the first quake, and that was Coriander's in St Albans.highly recommend them if you want Indian food

More
11 years 3 months ago #445649 by Aquila
Replied by Aquila on topic Christchurch Restaurants
Asian food Warehouse is in homebase, Marshlands road (The same site as Bunnings)

More
11 years 3 months ago #445728 by SarahM
Replied by SarahM on topic Christchurch Restaurants
Oh I can see my old post has been rehashed. We did get to Winnie Bagoes (but it was about $75 for two gourmet pizzas and a chilli bread - ouch!). The other restaurants we either couldn't find or weren't open.

How I miss the restaurants in Christchurch. There is nothing that compares in Invercargill.

5 acres, husband, daughter, son, me, about 12 sheep and their lambs, currently no ram (yay!), 2 Galloways, about 35 chooks, 3 cats and 2 budgies.

More
11 years 2 months ago #446900 by Seaside
Replied by Seaside on topic Christchurch Restaurants
Thanks Aquila, is that the original (Salisbury St) Asian Food Warehouse, or is it the Kosco? (I know there's a Kosco there, but it's MUCH smaller and doesn't have the products I buy).

Talking of ChCh restaurants, this is an interesting article about how they are clawing their way back: www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/christchurch-l...nts-now-open-in-Chch

Kids, beasts, and chillies in Swannanoa South.
www.farmaway.co.nz

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds