Google Adwords

More
10 years 2 months ago #31111 by ronnie
Google Adwords was created by ronnie
Anyone else get their $75 free advertising offer in the mail ?? I see they are also advertising it at the bottom of the page on this site (yes I know you have no control over that Kate)

Anyway, I have just wasted 2 hours trying to set the damn thing set up. Got as far as the billing side of it and the billing page just wont show. So I cant enter details therefore no ad will be approved.

And of course, their NZ support only works Monday to Friday so cant get any help sorting it out.

Not amused.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #418760 by Scuba_Steve
Replied by Scuba_Steve on topic Google Adwords
I haven't recently, but about Nov/Dec last year I received one, had no troubles entering it back then. Might be just a temp glitch their side, might be worth trying again in a bit?

Science is but an organized system of ignorance

More
10 years 2 months ago #418780 by ronnie
Replied by ronnie on topic Google Adwords
Thanks Steve - did a restart and tried again with no luck still. So I guess it will have to wait till I have some time later in the week to sort it out.

More
10 years 2 months ago #418804 by eelcat
Replied by eelcat on topic Google Adwords
We got one, but haven't had time to do anything with it yet

1 Border collie, 1 Huntaway, 2 Lhasa Apsos, Suffolk and arapawa ewe crosses, an Arapawa ram,an East Friesian ewe , 5 cats, 42 ducks , 1 rooster and 30 hens, 5 geese, 12 goats, 2 donkeys, 2 house cows, one heifer calf, one bull calf, 3 rabbits and lots and lots and lots of fruit trees...

More
10 years 2 months ago #418816 by Scuba_Steve
Replied by Scuba_Steve on topic Google Adwords
Other suggestion would be to try a different browser if you can. Especially if your using IE.

Science is but an organized system of ignorance

More
10 years 2 months ago #418893 by ronnie
According to their foreign call centre operator, I HAVE to download either firefox or google chrome to make the billing page appear. I tried chrome a couple of times and all it did was make my computer run even slower than it does at present.[}:)]
So I explained they have lost a good customer and they know what they can do from there :p

Pity really as was keen to give them a go.

More
10 years 2 months ago #419016 by ronnie
Got a lovely, personalised email from Google this morning. Again it pointed out I had created an ad but not gone any further. Thinking I may just get hold of someone who can fix this issue, I rang. Surprise, surprise, I got the same person I spoke to yesterday. Seems the person who signed the email I got no longer works for the company - I wonder why :rolleyes:
But got the same response as yesterday - I need to download Google chrome to be able to pay for advertising. Told them again they can get st..... and will not be persuing this any further.

More
10 years 2 months ago #419018 by kai
Replied by kai on topic Google Adwords
We did it a couple of years ago, although I entered our address correctly, it always showed up on google maps about 3km away up a hill without a road to it. No amount of contacting google every got it cleared up.

Time to create page: 0.228 seconds