A New Kind of Child Discipline???

More
10 years 4 months ago #418458 by max2
Personally I have offered to help pack the bag and car to go and stay at nan's instead if she didn't like my decisions/choices/point of view.

Works for me.;)

(she says off to change her password)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #418459 by Minky2
Well I find it slightly sad that the young girl had such an extreme reaction to cow tongue. I think all 'nature' is fascinating and worth respect and would hate it if my children thought animal tongues were so horrific they could be used as discipline! I'd rather they had an interest in how tongues/eyes/liver... worked instead of running around screaming about them. You're welcome to think I'm mad, 'animal parts' don't bother me, I just like learning about them.

I suppose she might have just disliked eating tongue which is fair enough, I wouldn't serve it up myself if I had a choice.

More
10 years 4 months ago #418460 by highgirl
I've tried dropping on the side of the road...he just sat there playing with rocks!

Offered to pack his bags for him... he just went and packed his own and rode off on his bike.

Last time he went off and the next minute my MIL was phoning saying she could hear all this yelling and stuff at her gate and she'd rung the police! I got scared and ran out up the road, couldn't see my son anywhere but grabbed her car and drove. It was just some silly drunk teenager (dressed in nothing down below[:I]) in a hysterical state) with his friend trying to help. I felt very guilty afterwards!

Children eh! Bound to test your tolerance and different discipline techniques work differently for different children [;)] Lots of differences aren't there!

More
10 years 4 months ago #418498 by Stikkibeek
On the running away thing, you can always tell them that you brought them into this world naked; that everything they are wearing, you paid for by working. If they want to run away, tell them they can, but that they must go naked

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
10 years 4 months ago #418501 by Cinsara

Stikkibeek;415483 wrote: On the running away thing, you can always tell them that you brought them into this world naked; that everything they are wearing, you paid for by working. If they want to run away, tell them they can, but that they must go naked

[}:)] :D [}:)]

>

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate!

More
10 years 4 months ago #418523 by highgirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stikkibeek
On the running away thing, you can always tell them that you brought them into this world naked; that everything they are wearing, you paid for by working. If they want to run away, tell them they can, but that they must go naked

Love it :D

More
10 years 4 months ago #418531 by pisa

Stikkibeek;415483 wrote: On the running away thing, you can always tell them that you brought them into this world naked; that everything they are wearing, you paid for by working. If they want to run away, tell them they can, but that they must go naked

Ooooh, I HAVE to remember that when this discussion will come up. And as Mr11 has entered puberty I'm sure it will. :p :rolleyes:

Thanks!

1 hubby, 2 kids, 1 cat, 1 dog, 2 swallows and I've lost count how many offsprings with even more grandkids, 5 bunny girls, 5 bunny boys, 12 chickens (rooster, pullets, chicks and more about to hatch hopefully) and 4 goats with two of them expecting any day! (24.10.14)
But who's counting [;)]...

More
10 years 4 months ago #418535 by Seaside

highgirl;415439 wrote: I've tried dropping on the side of the road...he just sat there playing with rocks!

I have one like that. As for the cow's tongue, touching and playing with it would be a treat not a punishment. I bought a whole Gurnard once and they spent an hour playing with it... eventually removing the eyes and dissecting them.

The public humiliation thing works. If my boys refuse to get dressed in the morning, I say that's OK, they can go to school in their pyjamas, but I won't come in with them - I'll stop the car and push them out and drive off. That always stops the argument and they are dressed within the minute.

The counting down thing also almost always works (you have to have an undesirable repercussion at the end, like an early bedtime). Starting at Five, they have until zero. No fractions after ONE. Get to zero without complying and there is a consequence (only takes a couple of consequences for them to act before zero every time).

My worst parenting moment was when the boys were 6 months, 4, and 7. The 7 year old was having a fit about something and said he was going to run away, so I said "Off you go then" and he went out the door (turns out he spent the next 15 minutes hiding in the neighbour's driveway). At the same time, the 4 year old had a nose bleed. And he used to get TERRIBLE nosebleeds, so bad the blood would pour from his nose and mouth. I had to put the baby on the bathroom mat, and deal with the 4 year old, worry about the 7 year old and listen to a screaming baby. The pinnacle of that 'moment' came when my 4 year old looked up at me and he was crying blood.

My day did get better after that though, it always does eventually.

Kids, beasts, and chillies in Swannanoa South.
www.farmaway.co.nz

More
10 years 4 months ago #418627 by Doug
I have heard of one NZ instance where a ruling was appealed and the judge that had made the initial ruling that was being appealed simply put on a different hat for a different court and sat as judge hearing the challenge against his OWN original ruling.
"Yeah sorry guys, my first ruling was crap, I was having a bad hair day and you are all completely right - my original ruling was way out of line." - not gonna happen with these guys.

There have been times where judges have overseen cases where the defendant has been a friend or amicable ex-employer (conflict of interest) and refused to recuse themselves and have anotherjudge put in their stead.
There was also the case of one judge ruling on a case involving her own sister ... squeaky clean? ... as the billboard says "yeah, right."

Well I find the above quote rather interesting. I was a policeman for 33 years rising to very senior rank and in all that time I never once heard of anything like what is alleged as above. Rhode Red, I would be very interested in any specific details which you could provide please.

More
10 years 4 months ago #418662 by foufee

we have done this and it worked very nicely

More
10 years 4 months ago #418698 by RhodeRed

Doug;415623 wrote: I have heard of one NZ instance where a ruling was appealed and the judge that had made the initial ruling that was being appealed simply put on a different hat for a different court and sat as judge hearing the challenge against his OWN original ruling.
"Yeah sorry guys, my first ruling was crap, I was having a bad hair day and you are all completely right - my original ruling was way out of line." - not gonna happen with these guys.

There have been times where judges have overseen cases where the defendant has been a friend or amicable ex-employer (conflict of interest) and refused to recuse themselves and have anotherjudge put in their stead.
There was also the case of one judge ruling on a case involving her own sister ... squeaky clean? ... as the billboard says "yeah, right."

Well I find the above quote rather interesting. I was a policeman for 33 years rising to very senior rank and in all that time I never once heard of anything like what is alleged as above. Rhode Red, I would be very interested in any specific details which you could provide please.

G'day Doug,

Read the info' sometime ago on a public site.
Will try to dig up the links/details for you.

BTW - were you a policy enforcer or a peace officer most of the time? :D

More
10 years 4 months ago #419108 by RhodeRed

Doug;415623 wrote: I was a policeman for 33 years rising to very senior rank and in all that time I never once heard of anything like what is alleged as above. Rhode Red, I would be very interested in any specific details which you could provide please.

G'day Doug, PMing you some info' out of respect to Kates website here - don't want to cause her any potential controversy. :)

Time to create page: 0.192 seconds