Dog hair and Vacuum Cleaners??

More
10 years 4 months ago #418329 by RhodeRed
Dysons are great.

Got one to pick-up pet hair and fine parrot dander.
Don't think I'd go back to a bag-cleaner after that now.

You can probably find a 2nd hand one on tardeme, obviously you'll just need to check it out closely before parting with cash.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #418334 by UsBlacksheep1
Hey Jude....looks like dyson is the one most popular :D cheers

judes;414936 wrote: We have the silver dyson with the motorised electric head. absolutely brilliant!

back on lifestyle block..so excited!..
Still have a full on Jack Russell,a Bischon X, Lilly cat,our new cat Fudge ,max the horse cat,plus 14 Barnevelders....

More
10 years 4 months ago #418336 by UsBlacksheep1
cheers I'll have a look on TM..looks like Dyson is the one :D

RhodeRed;415282 wrote: Dysons are great.

Got one to pick-up pet hair and fine parrot dander.
Don't think I'd go back to a bag-cleaner after that now.

You can probably find a 2nd hand one on tardeme, obviously you'll just need to check it out closely before parting with cash.

Still have a full on Jack Russell,a Bischon X, Lilly cat,our new cat Fudge ,max the horse cat,plus 14 Barnevelders....

More
10 years 4 months ago #418731 by jess
Replied by jess on topic Dog hair and Vacuum Cleaners??

Aria;414844 wrote: We've got a Dyson. .

Hi there - what model Dyson do you have please?

Jess & Co

[IMG]

More
10 years 3 months ago #422573 by UsBlacksheep1
Finally got a new vacuum cleaner and ended up buying a new Bissell on special at Smiths City..checked out rhe Dyson-Pet but it was still $949 on special..too much $ for us...I was just about sick to see what one round of our small lounge sucked up...One full canister, then another, then one more...I went around three times...ewww yukky....So my commercial vac was doing dam near nothing! Definately recommend this Bissell for value for money and the work its done so far :D

More
10 years 3 months ago #422579 by muletide
I used to have a dyson and loved it, when I split from my husband he wanted it. Never used it when we where together, but cause it was worth a lot of money he took it.

Then got a nilfisk, a pet one and it was useless.

I also had a heading dog and a log haired Border collie when I had both theses. Josh the collie has died since, but not long ago I bought a Shark Navigater Liftaway.

And I am finding it great, cheaper than the dyson and so far as good.

Life is about the journey, not the destination

9 acres
6 ponies (Lucy, Amanda, Angel, Sophie, Kaimanawa Tika and Kaimanawa Te Ata)
4 donkeys (Eeyore Barti, Bonnie and Kenya)
2 mules (Zebidi and Las Vegas of Peach Hill)
1 cats (Mr Kincaide )
1 dog (Nina)
Ducks, (George, Kate and Emma)
and 2 quail...

More
10 years 3 months ago #422588 by UsBlacksheep1
Got a new one Andrea and its brillant..i saw them for around $150 on TM but new was $299 so opted for new...Love it...thanks for the info on it :)

Andrea;414857 wrote: I got the Bissell off TM, but since the parts are still available in NZ (we go through a fair few drive belts, as DS sucks up things he really shouldn't!), I'm assuming some version or other is still around?

Found this:
www.bissell.com/product_search.aspx?sear...search&mode=products

More
10 years 3 months ago #422599 by Andrea1
Thank you! I, too am always amazed at what it manages to suck up! Even though the floor and carpets don't look that bad, I can end up with 2-3 canisters full of fuzz and hair each time the house gets vacuumed, which is usually 2-3 times a week. Would hate to think how many vacuum bags we'd go through (we didn't have the 4 house cats or the shedding dog when we had vacuums with bags that needed replacing).

Next time, will go for a new one, that's a good price!

More
10 years 3 months ago #422611 by Belle Bosse
I've used the industrial Nilfisks. They are so useless. Needs better suction strength and cleaning pick-up-ability to start with...

A few years back I had to get a new vacuum cleaner because of dustmite allergy. I thought $300 was plenty and never imagined paying $2,000 for a vacuum cleaner!!

At Godfreys I looked at the best of the pricy Dyson range and was impressed the way it picked up dirt and fluff etc from the demo carpet strip. The carpet looked clean when they had finished.

But then I was shown the Wertheim with its power head cleaning foot, adjustable suction strengths and fully sealed hepa-filter system... (and bags).
The freshly Dyson vacuumed carpet strip was gone over again with the Wertheim and it was a bit of a surprise what came out of the carpet!!! Almost as much dirt as what the Dyson first picked up, went into the demo collection port!

I bought the top Wertheim vacuum cleaner. It was great to use and the carpet felt wonderful underfoot after cleaning. The power head opened the carpet pile and shook it while sucking up the dirt and dust.
The machine could also be left running in a room as an air filter. I've missed it... the old "everything's in storage" tale. After using the Wertheim, nothing else measures up!

All the best for a long and happy aquaintence with your new vacuum cleaner.

Time to create page: 0.275 seconds