Get the best electricity deal

More
10 years 4 months ago #30870 by Aria
Just in case folks haven't come across it before - this website is really useful in finding the cheapest option for your power supply;

www.powerswitch.org.nz/powerswitch

So easy to use and so easy to switch!

We just changed recently - a virtually seemless process. Didn't even need to provide our old company with a final reading - it all just happened.

Our savings won't be great (in the vicinity of $90.00 per annum) but the system also noted that our exisitng retailer was about to raise it's prices - so when the new company rang to confirm the switch I asked them if they intended to similarly put prices up and they didn't have any intention to do so in the pipeline... so my savings are perhaps even larger.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #415860 by foufee
We did this almost a year ago and ended up staying with our current company when they begged grovelled and offered us a better deal :D
That ends on the 30th of June so on the first of June I have noted in my calendar to revisit Powerswitch :)

More
10 years 4 months ago #415870 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic Get the best electricity deal
You also need to work out whether the quoted rates are GST inclusive or exclusive. I have yet to find a power company that beats Meridian except perhaps their off shoot Power Shop - and bear in mind guys, I am in the North Island and Meridian in CH Ch.

Yes there have been some issues post the quakes with their computer system but I am a great believer in Loyalty and it really does count if you raise it as an issue. I also am aware that many of their staff have also suffered and yet are turning up to work - and it cost me not more than a few words of support.

More
10 years 4 months ago #415891 by Swannanoa first timer
We used powershop when we were in Chch and found we saved plenty of money. Unfortunately we are unable to use powershop where we are now and are with Trustpower. We will probably check via powerswitch to see if there is a cheaper option.

More
10 years 3 months ago #416216 by arnie.m
Don't change until all the new prices are updated on the 1st April, many companies are increasing prices then, and you can get a more accurate picture[8D]

arnie
88 Valley
Nelson

More
10 years 3 months ago #416239 by BlueSkyBee
Excellent, I'll be keeping this in mind :)

To dig in one’s own earth, with one’s own spade, does life hold anything better? –Beverly Nichols

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds