Condy's crystals to colour horses

More
10 years 4 months ago #30743 by Anne
Many, many years ago I have used condy's crystals / potassium permanganate to deepen colour on horses. I have no idea of how much I used or quantity of water or anything. Does anyone have any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #414325 by Stikkibeek
Yes, I used Effecton Silver Crystal to whiten grey show pony's tail. Left it in too long and went to the show with a purple tailed horse! [:0]

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
10 years 4 months ago #414338 by Vanaheim
why on earth would you do such a thing?

Bræðr munu berjask ok at bönum verðask,
munu systrungar sifjum spilla;
hart er í heimi, hórdómr mikill,
skeggöld, skalmöld, skildir ro klofnir,
vindöld, vargöld, áðr veröld steypisk;
mun engi maðr öðrum þyrma.

Brothers shall fight | and fell each other,
And sisters' sons | shall...

More
10 years 4 months ago #414346 by Organix

Vanaheim;410921 wrote: why on earth would you do such a thing?

'Cause you can :D

Attached files [IMG]http://app.lifestyleblock.co.nz/images/converted_files/410930=9970-pink horse.jpg[/img]

Harm Less Solutions.co.nz
NZ & AU distributor of Eco Wood Treatment stains and Bambu Dru bamboo fabrics and clothing

More
10 years 4 months ago #414347 by stephclark

Stikkibeek;410908 wrote: Yes, I used Effecton Silver Crystal to whiten grey show pony's tail. Left it in too long and went to the show with a purple tailed horse! [:0]

yip the old wella crystal blue silver..and ditto to the oopss, purple tail!

for the greys i use liquid dynamo now, and the bay i have a coloured shampoo ( people shampoo ) that gives a nice red shine ..

More
10 years 4 months ago #414350 by Stikkibeek

Organix;410930 wrote: 'Cause you can :D

Organix, I didn't know cave-women even rode horses, let alone purple horses with saddles on them.

More
10 years 4 months ago #414363 by Organix

Stikkibeek;410934 wrote: Organix, I didn't know cave-women even rode horses, let alone purple horses with saddles on them.

:confused:

NZ & AU distributor of Eco Wood Treatment stains and Bambu Dru bamboo fabrics and clothing

More
10 years 4 months ago #414687 by GloPony
Bear in mind that condies crystals are carcinogenic so not generally recommended anymore. You can buy tinted shampoos or use Livermol to get the same effect.

More
10 years 4 months ago #414712 by DiDi
My 95 year old mother has been using condies crystals her entire life (and a nurse) to gargle when she gets a sore throat. 96 this year in June so just how bad are condies crystals? I am so over this rubbish that people are being paid to justify their positions and their jobs to dream up something else we are all going to die a death from.

Did anyone see the article in the NZ Herald today about, was it 49 food items we should not eat (thanks to Otago University researchers) - could you even survive a few weeks on the alternatives they suggested? Fire the lot of them and stop publishing total nonsense that has been in place for 100 years and resulted in (certainly in my family) people living into their 90's (4 of 8) who smoked, drank wine, used condies crystals to gargle and have only JUST started to lose their mental facilities.

I'm over it - the ASH rubbish, the ALANON rubbish etc - it is about keeping a job and nothing else. Yep - I'm tired from going back to family after a one day break from a family reunion this past weekend (90 people) to one day home before going back up North to farewell an extreme sportsman who died last week at 40 (a cousin). What I see is a highly qualified family (doctors etc) and 80% smoke, they all drink like fish and guess what - they live into their 90's.

Some one has to call this. Why on earth would anyone buy into the Key Government appointment of Gluckman (a Paediatrician) as Chief science advisor who spent 1 month reading some papers to support Global Warming - opps - not that - Climate Change. Bit like the removal of animal remedies that have been used for years but suddenly they are bad? Yet we can import generic drugs for humans? Job security! Think about it.

More
10 years 4 months ago #414718 by Anne
When I asked my friendly pharmacist about it, there was no mention of carcinogenia. Issues are mainly around its combustibility and effect on plant life - gardeners use it to control moss etc. It is a disinfectant - hence using it as a gargle. It is also included in many survival kits - put it in dodgy water to make it safe for drinking - at very dilute amounts.

More
10 years 4 months ago #414723 by Stikkibeek

DiDi;411319 wrote: My 95 year old mother has been using condies crystals her entire life (and a nurse) to gargle when she gets a sore throat. 96 this year in June so just how bad are condies crystals? I am so over this rubbish that people are being paid to justify their positions and their jobs to dream up something else we are all going to die a death from.

What I see is a highly qualified family (doctors etc) and 80% smoke, they all drink like fish and guess what - they live into their 90's.

How long would those who have lived into their 90's (and subsequently died) have lived if they didn't smoke, drink, use condy's crystals, eaten all of the 40 things on the uni list? 40? or 140? :D :D :D :p :p :p

More
10 years 4 months ago #414733 by DiDi
Not long stikkibeek as they would have died of boredom! [}:)] :D :D :D

More
10 years 4 months ago #414741 by GloPony
Can't be bothered arguing about it other than to say, the genetics of one family is hardly scientific proof of anything either!

There are disturbingly high cancer rates in rural Northland so I don't buy into the "we've been doing it for a hundred years so it must be fine" theory.

I was simply suggesting that when it comes to colouring coats on horses, there are PLENTY of purpose made & proven alternatives! You could also feed paprika as a cheap alternative.

More
10 years 4 months ago #414753 by RhodeRed

Stikkibeek;410934 wrote: Organix, I didn't know cave-women even rode horses, let alone purple horses with saddles on them.

Yes its true, apparently they go into battle wearing chainmaile bikinis as well ... never under estimate the protection afforded by a good chainmaile bikini. :D

More
10 years 4 months ago #414764 by Organix

RhodeRed;411364 wrote: Yes its true, apparently they go into battle wearing chainmaile bikinis as well ... never under estimate the protection afforded by a good chainmaile bikini. :D

Or the rust marks :D

Time to create page: 0.237 seconds