How to De-Stress

More
10 years 5 months ago #414430 by terralee
Replied by terralee on topic How to De-Stress
Cuddles with animals [^]...any of mine will do ..horses ,sheep, Tanna (GSD) any of the 3 cats .......
I love grooming the horses when I am stressed ... and riding ..if Mo is behaving that is:rolleyes: ..other wise that can be stress[}:)] ...doing liberty with Mo ..it's like making her dance and she loves it :D
I guess for something other than animals ...a soak in a bubble bath is good ...oh and beer[:0][;)]
Cheers

Leonie & Zoo!!! :silly: :woohoo:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #414435 by Andrea1
Replied by Andrea1 on topic How to De-Stress

Kate;411014 wrote: I really thought I was the only person in NZ with the complete Geogette Heyer collection [:I][:I] I can't read any other romances but she's great :D

3scoremiles10 lent me a couple of her Heyer books, and I was hooked from the start. I find I keep picking them up at second hand shops, and I've got a stack of my own now! :p

More
10 years 5 months ago #414457 by Minky2
Replied by Minky2 on topic How to De-Stress

Andrea;411013 wrote: I just came in from the evening chores (which I did quite a bit earlier than usual because I knew a storm front was closing in, and I didn't want to get caught in the pouring rain)... it's a quiet, warm evening, raining gently, and all I could hear was the rain on the tin roofs, goats munching hay and the sound of my favourite squeaky gate (you know that 'perfect' squeak? Homely and comforting sort of sound, to me...)... just lovely. I'm tired, but very much de-stressed!

That sounds lovely Andrea, I can relate to that so well (and yes it's a lovely 'soft' evening in Canterbury, although starting to rain hard now, but we need it!)

For me it's a long run with the dogs after dark with a stop to watch the moon shimmering over the lake on the way. Dead silence, beautiful evenings.

Also sitting with a cup of tea in bed early in the mornings watching the sun rising and looking at the trees and the garden in the early morning light.

Also watching horses grazing - idyllic.

And now I'm curious and will have to have a look for those books!

More
10 years 5 months ago #414458 by pigeonboy
Replied by pigeonboy on topic How to De-Stress
I like reading threads on here and wine :) .... maybe a lil cone too but most of all I like to sit with my pigeons.

More
10 years 5 months ago #414479 by stephclark
Replied by stephclark on topic How to De-Stress
laying in bed this morning ( instead of getting ready for work..[;)] ).. doors open, rain on the tim roof, listening to 7 teenage roosters just starting to crow.. :D
good way to start the day with a chuckle...

More
10 years 5 months ago #414583 by Stu_R
Replied by Stu_R on topic How to De-Stress
:) 3GF :) now you can sit in the long grass and talk to Malfoy n Ted :)
Goats are wonderful stress relievers ( lol even though they can cause it to lol )

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

More
10 years 5 months ago #414584 by 3 girls farming
Replied by 3 girls farming on topic How to De-Stress
Stu .. I would but they have decided that they are all together too fragile to go out in any kind of bad weather and are sitting in the shed looking out but not venturing out into the wet.. (big pair of babies.. they would come sit on the couch I'm sure!!!).. so I'm enjoying their company in the shed ... nothing more enjoyable than stroking those lovely ears... aawwwhhh

More
10 years 5 months ago #414643 by Kiwi303
Replied by Kiwi303 on topic How to De-Stress
Imagining a mountainside view, crisp air and a clear breeze, moving closer, an open mountain medow with a stream babbling through, closer, listening to the water burble over and around the rocks, closer and watching the water tumble over those same rocks, closer, looking don through the water at the face of that un-namable son-of-a-b*tch that pissed you off as you hold him under...

Here in china I can't do my usual, like Kilmoon, wandering off with a rifle to look for furry critters, though mine were just as likely to have horns or antlers as to have big ears.

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

More
10 years 4 months ago #417894 by mitchf
Replied by mitchf on topic How to De-Stress
Going for a long run - plenty of time to mull through the things that are stressing you out, sometimes you come up with solutions but sometimes it's just enough to think things through and realise it's not so bad... you just needed some time out to yourself to get it all in perspective.

If it really is that bad, then go for the wine.

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined. [;)]

More
10 years 4 months ago #417952 by rob
Replied by rob on topic How to De-Stress
I found my true place to be stress free, if i had the money to buy.

Long Beach at Russell, just awesome

Rob

Time to create page: 0.208 seconds