Finding 'sponsors' fundraising ideas

• Andrea
10 years 4 months ago #30635 by Andrea
Finding 'sponsors' fundraising ideas was created by Andrea
Hello -- just need to pick brains here... I have to find some sponsors for one of the associations I represent. I'm not really sure where to start or how to approach, as the few feelers I've put out get me the 'what's in it for me' response, and I'm not sure how to reply. I have just started a monthly 'column' in a national newsletter (dairy goat related), and I'd like to get someone/entity as a sponsor for the column, and they get a mention in exchange. It's a fairly small readership, so no takers as yet, and I do know times are tight and people are pulling in their heads with regards to putting $$ out there.

Would also like to come up with an ongoing fundraising thing, but have no ideas on that either.... Dairy goat related, but thinking maybe need to go wider and do just GOAT related stuff... cutesy things that goaty people like. There isn't much in the way of goat 'fun' stuff around, anywhere.

Any advice/suggestions/idea, etc?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #412935 by Aria
My neighbour has a cute cow thingy nailed to the post near her gate -it's a painted zincalume piece of artwork. How about a joint venture between the association and an artist - where the artworks get free publicity in the newsletter and you get a commission for all orders placed via the association?

More
10 years 4 months ago #413015 by max2
Depending on how ''big'' the community imput/impact is from your organisation... but a heads up that any pub that has gaming machines in your district under dept of internal affairs regs have to give X amount to outside community projects each year.

Now some of these are run by really BIG organisations but let me say, don't let this put you off. the nearest one to our country community is run by the L*on fou*dation and hadn't received a local grant application in the last financial year so all gaming funds went back to the likes of plunket etc which is all well and good, but when you have smaller groups like volunteer fire brigades crying out for funding then.... all needs must.

Naturally once I got wind of this a local community group received full grant funding which rocked their socks, they were so shocked their initial application was accepted. Just provide proper quotes, fill in a gaming application form which should be legally available from the gaming room host (ie pub) and go from there...

More
10 years 4 months ago #413019 by feedqueen
what about approaching companies that supply goat stuff? Vets,crt,feed suppliers etc, all the advertising and promos for them?
or seeing its nationwide a supplier of milking or cheese making stuff that can be shipped all over to tie in a with monthly promotion

More
10 years 4 months ago #413039 by Andrea1
Great ideas, much welcomed. My brain hasn't been too clear lately, and sometimes I just overthink things and then just seem to get swamped in the mire. Does anyone have any goat supply places in their areas?? We don't really have anything specific to goats in our area, even most of the rural supply places and local vets don't have anything for goats (always have to order things over the net).

More
10 years 4 months ago #413040 by ronnie
Then there are always possum insoles for your boots as a fundraiser [;)] I just happen to know where you can get a good deal on them as an ongoing thing [;)][;)]

More
10 years 4 months ago #413042 by Stikkibeek
While this might be a bit much to organise, what about a goat related field day. Someone had one of those recently I think. You can target goats for kids for calf club days at schools, so something to think about for later in the year.

I know that cozi clubs have to make funds available for projects, as mentioned above. Go see places like this and get an application form. You need to do a letter of support for the claim, to justify the grant you are wanting.
I got a a grant to install a new computer where I work, so had to cost out the computer I wanted. In the end, I got $1500 granted which covered the computer nicely with extras.

I think the ASB also funds community groups.

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
10 years 4 months ago #413044 by Andrea1
That was me, sb - we had one here back in October - it was great! It was the second one we've done, and it was a small fundraiser for the local assn, but the main aim was an educational day for people new to goats or interested in goats. We had such good response that we'll probably do it again this year, slightly different angle, probably.

We did use Pub Charities a few years back for something, and we did end up getting $800, which was fantastic, but I cannot remember what the funds were put toward (awful, I know!, as I put in the application!).

Thanks again!

More
10 years 4 months ago #413052 by DiDi
Not sure how this will work but I met a brilliant animal artist at the Karaka Horse Sales one year and ended up with her offering to paint a portrait of a pet as the prize in a raffle. We laminated copies of one of her paintings in various sizes and off we went. Books handed out (in this case) to all our groups to sell, to events, sitting outside supermarkets etc.

It was a massive money earner for this volunteer organisation. The point being that if you make it a PET as opposed to say a goat, you will then capture urban people as well who have cats, dogs, rabbits etc.

This was a few years ago but perhaps you could find a local artist who would be willing to do this for you? Just a thought.

More
10 years 4 months ago #413054 by Andrea1
Another very excellent idea, thanks Didi! :D

Time to create page: 0.278 seconds