Chopping it off!

More
10 years 4 months ago #30634 by Waffling Milk Maid
all this hair:

is coming OFF, if I can raise $500 in the 'shave for a cure' fundraiser!!

My profile page to donate through is here: http://www.shaveforacure.co.nz/view_event_profile/5679

If any of you can spare a dollar or two, please do! It's a great cause, and I'm gonna loose a lot of hair!! lol!!!

Owned by a standard poodle, a couple of burmese cats, a miniature horse, & a budgie.
Also proud mum to Caleb and Piper

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #412932 by Andrea1
Replied by Andrea1 on topic Chopping it off!
Oh, wow! When I saw 'chop it off', I knew you meant your hair, but I didn't think about any reason other than you might be hot (I usually chop about 8 inches off my hair at the beginning of each summer).

Cool!

More
10 years 4 months ago #412944 by Waffling Milk Maid
Replied by Waffling Milk Maid on topic Chopping it off!
lol! My hair has been this length for a good 15-ish years. I don't get hot cos I'm sooooooooo used to it, but I'm sure I'll feel the difference with it ALL gone!!

Here is a photo I just took:

Owned by a standard poodle, a couple of burmese cats, a miniature horse, & a budgie.

More
10 years 4 months ago #412961 by Stikkibeek
Replied by Stikkibeek on topic Chopping it off!
Ah! Not as long as mine was before I chopped. I could sit on the ends of mine! I still have a great chunk of it in a bag somewhere.

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
10 years 4 months ago #412969 by Waffling Milk Maid
Thank you Andrea and Kate!! You guys rock!!

haha stikkibeek, I haven't looked after my hair in forever, so it is very broken; it breaks as fast as it grows and I never trim it, so never changes and just naturally sits at this length! If I looked after it, it'd be much longer I'm sure...

I have been doing the "no 'poo" thing with it too; not using shampoo at all, just doing a baking soda wash, and the odd vinegar condition. My hair is already badly damaged so haven't noticed much change at all, but I will continue doing this after it's shaved and see how it goes 'from scratch'! :)

More
10 years 4 months ago #412987 by Stikkibeek
Replied by Stikkibeek on topic Chopping it off!
Yuk! Vinegar and baking soda!!! Do you have any calendulas in your garden? If so, steep some in hot water to make a "tea" and rinse your hair with that.

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
10 years 4 months ago #412988 by Waffling Milk Maid
lol!!! Baking soda cleans it sooooooooooo well though! And you can't smell the vinegar AT ALL after it's rinsed and dried.... ;)

$165 raised/pledged in one day! You guys ROCK!!!!!!! I have a whole month to harass you all. heh

More
10 years 4 months ago #412989 by Andrea1
Replied by Andrea1 on topic Chopping it off!
I only use apple cider vinegar anymore when I go to the pool. That chlorine dries everything out so fast, and the ACV neutralises it. Otherwise, I don't use shampoo, and haven't for 5 or so years (except for a very short period when my darling daughter brought home headlice, and I had to use a special shampoo for 4 days to get rid of them... it worked well, but it meant I had to 'start over' with the no shampoo again and balancing out my scalp).

More
10 years 4 months ago #413000 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic Chopping it off!
Waffles - one of the things that most new mother's do is chop their hair off (if they are hair conscious) - others pretend it does not exist and it grows to extraordinary lengths and they find 15 years down the line that they have very long hair that is weighing them down and then they cut it off. SO - go with it and good on you for trying to make some money for a good cause.

I have to admit that when I get all the phone calls from charities that want money, I honestly and truthfully tell them that I support one charity, one working with Disabled children, so in advance, I admire what you are doing enormously but please forgive me for not donating. Hugs.

More
10 years 4 months ago #413320 by Ghilly
Replied by Ghilly on topic Chopping it off!
You might want to invest in a hat for winter... I don't 'do' hair. Mine is always clipped off. Hats that fitted before a clip are a little big after the clip. As soon as my hair starts sticking out, up, or giving me any hassle, it gets pruned back to a number 2 or 3. I can't look after longer hair, aversion therapy? Mum, Dad and birth Mother were all hairdressers and I'm just SO not into it at all.
Gets a bit nippy in winter but you kind of get used to it. You also need to keep your ears and neck covered in the sun or they'll crisp.
Good on you!

Yakut

More
10 years 4 months ago #413387 by 3 girls farming
Replied by 3 girls farming on topic Chopping it off!
my daughters friend shaved her head the day before the big fall of snow in the Manawatu so we blamed her for it!!!!... definately keep your head covered afterwards and be prepared to get a reaction from bubs.. I dyed my hair and my baby daughter cried!!!... perhaps you should wear a hat for a couple of weeks leading up to it and then the hat without the hair won't be so scary...

as for getting nice hair.. after my marriage fell apart I lost a lot of hair so went and got a short haircut to allow it to grow back .. my hair is now amazing.. all grown back and healthy... you won't regret it...

Time to create page: 0.212 seconds