Movie: Buck

More
12 years 1 week ago #30633 by Anne
Movie: Buck was created by Anne
Friend and I went to see the movie Buck last night. Its about Buck Branneman, the original "horse whisperer". It was very good. Sort of documentary style, following him round the clinics that he does. He was funny and caring and loving and damning about people who don't do the right things by thier horses. There was one woman with a palamino colt which was pretty messed up. He was really clear that she should have gelded him ages ago - and then she revealed she had 18 (count 18!!) more colts and entire adult horses at home. I'd love to have heard what he said off screen and with only family around.

Highly recommended to all horse people - and anyone who likes the countryside and all that our animals give to us.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 week ago #413129 by brodie
Replied by brodie on topic Movie: Buck
Saw it last night and loved it.That woman with the colt was a bit of a quandry wasn't she?He tried so hard not to be too damning but his body language belied what he was thinking.I,too ,would have loved to know what was going through his head with that one.I also really enjoyed the shots of the lady and her dressage horse playing with the cows and then they showed her in the ring-did you see how lovely and light that horse was in the mouth-she had virtually no contact and it looked gorgeous and free.I'd go again it was well worth it.

2 dogs,2 kids,goldfish,20-ish chooks,2 axolytl,2 turtles,Lotsa free-range pigeons, budgies, pekin, cayuga & muscovy ducks + their babies, 5 horses,a cockatoo called Charlie and no money...[:D][:D];)

More
12 years 1 week ago #413137 by GloPony
Replied by GloPony on topic Movie: Buck
I haven't seen it but I can't wait! Everyone says good things about it & I've seen a few excerpts. Including the aggressive colt. VERY sad for that horse. :(

More
12 years 1 week ago #413213 by Stikkibeek
Replied by Stikkibeek on topic Movie: Buck
It's amazing what you can teach a horse. Years ago I had the privilege of watching Valerie Bruce working with a group of young people on matching pairs of horses. They were working on a musical ride for the Royal Easter Show. The whole ride was done to "Surrey with the fringe on top" which is a wonderful tune, with the right tempo for trotting . It wasn't widely known but Louis Eady recorded the tune for them I think with the organ in the Civic.
Towards the big day, the horses were so hooked into what they were doing, that one pair of horses that grazed the paddock which contained the dressage arena used to go into the arena and practise on their own. It was so cute. They would do 10 metre circles and trot down the centre line working together and add other parts of the ride.

The final performance at Epsom was a triumph.

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

Time to create page: 0.132 seconds