garmin nuvi 1390 updates

More
10 years 5 months ago #30485 by rob
garmin nuvi 1390 updates was created by rob
gwprojects.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=16

I went on to look for my free updates and was browsing and found this site it has got me thinking.:confused:

has anyone used this site?

Rob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #411303 by Organix
Replied by Organix on topic garmin nuvi 1390 updates
We have a Garmin 760 which is overdue for a map update and plan to use NZ Open GPS Project to do so :) I believe it is a similar concept to the TomTom site that provides map updates compiled via user submissions.

The other alternative is to torrent download map packages for Garmin devices. This availability was the deciding factor in us buying a Garmin, over a TomTom which had no torrent downloads that I could find. The Open GPS source is probably a preferable option though, and legal [;)]

Harm Less Solutions.co.nz
NZ & AU distributor of Eco Wood Treatment stains and Bambu Dru bamboo fabrics and clothing

More
10 years 5 months ago #411335 by rob
Replied by rob on topic garmin nuvi 1390 updates
Hi Organix,

do you have the link to go to for the Garmin free updates?

thanks

Rob

More
10 years 5 months ago #411337 by Organix
Replied by Organix on topic garmin nuvi 1390 updates
@rob,
I haven't got around to exploring the site but the "Downloads" link on the webpage that my post links to would be a good start I reckon. Don't know whether each update includes the previous info or if you need to access the Parent Directory as well. Each update seems to be 26mB and as the whole of Aussie is only 112mB I suspect each download is a total update package.

Happy hunting, and let us know how you get on :)

Harm Less Solutions.co.nz
NZ & AU distributor of Eco Wood Treatment stains and Bambu Dru bamboo fabrics and clothing

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds