Deep Freeze - Lid Magnets Failing

More
12 years 5 months ago #30480 by Toast
My deep freeze frosts up a lot at one end & an electrician pointed out that the magnets on the lid are not working. I can feel it when I put the lid down; it doesn't grab as it would if they were working.

Can the rubber strips with magnets enclosed be replaced? Is it something I can do? Where would I purchase same? Anybody done them? Advice etc please.

Thanks.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Toast is the best food in the world
Whisky is the best drink in the world

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #411197 by shad297
Toast - you could try Leader & Watt/100% in Rangitikei St, they seem to be really good for spare parts for whiteware and probably the most comprehensive place to go in PN? Someone else may have some other ideas.
I've got to get new seals on my fridge soon.

Husband, two teenagers, Stanley & Jed the greyhounds, one quail (Hawkefrost), one budgie (Chaos) small productive surburban section.

More
12 years 5 months ago #411206 by Toast
Thanks, Shad. I've dealt with them before both for new & for parts & they've been very good. Will try them next time in town.

More
12 years 5 months ago #411279 by 4trees
Hi Toast, Have a look at the seal, you can gently pull it down you will see how it is attached, sometimes with screws or a long edge which the part of the seal slips under. You will probably be able to do it yourself once you see how it is fitted. Cheers.

Cheers
http:treeandshrub.co.nz

More
12 years 5 months ago #411776 by Toast
Today I went to Leader & Watt, Foxton, & ordered replacement rubber/magnets strip for my deep freeze. Originally she quoted me approx $130. Lot of freight involved as it comes in a big frame like a door jamb.

Anyway, today when I went to pay it was only $54. My deep freeze is only 3/4 size but I didn't expect that much difference.

I have to give my deep freeze a four-day defrost & then replace rubber/magnets.

Looking forward to having it not get frosty, doing a better job of freezing food & not using so much power. I think it will solve the problem of the bread not freezing properly & then being unsuitable for sandwich take-a-plate. I posted on here re this last year. Partially solved by putting bread at bottom of freezer with frozen veg etc on top but of late hasn't been freezing very well at all.

More
12 years 5 months ago #411798 by Xartep
Just out of interest...

There is a company called Sealafridge they come to your place and replace the seals on your fridge's & freezers. We had ours done a many years back at the last house and it was well worth it. We lived well outside of town.

Recently I saw the van parked outside my house!? I'm on the dead end... Well out of town... 150+km's from the last house, same driver. :p :p :p

3 Cocker Spaniels, 1 Huntaway, 3 Cats, Goats, Sheep, Pigs, Cows, Ducks, Chickens, Bunnies - small petting zoo?:rolleyes::cool:

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds